You’ll love these fall Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies! They’re fun to make and perfect for a fall season dessert! The easiest acorn treats.
The great thing about making this fall treat is that it’s a cute idea that you’ll get credited for! It’s time to usher in the fall season and give these adorable nutter butter treats a try. You won’t be sorry – I promise! Pair this with my Fall Party Chex Mix for a really fast option!
Ready to make these adorable cookies that the kids will love?
How do I prevent the Nutter Butters from sticking to the pan?
Don’t stress! This peanut butter and chocolate acorns recipe won’t stick to the pan at all with a little bit of prep work. Lay parchment paper down on the pan before placing the peanut butter cookies on top.
Once the chocolate starts to harden, the delicious fall dessert will come off the paper without any sort of issue. “Go nuts!” and have fun prepping!
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you ready to see why kids of all ages love nutter butter acorns? Here are the best reasons to love these peanut butter chocolate acorns.
- You can make them ahead of time and store in an airtight container to save and serve. This is a simple way to prep and be ready for guests.
- These yummy treats are versatile for birthday parties, baby showers, or for making cute fall desserts!
- It’s a fast and easy no bake treats recipe that everyone will love grabbing and popping in their mouth.
- Nutter Butter Cookies: You can use a mini nutter butter cookie or halve a regular sized cookie.
- Pretzel Sticks: The perfect way to make the acorn stem.
- Light Cocoa Candy Melts: Used to make the perfect chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
- Chocolate Jimmies: Added to make a milk chocolate shell look and flavor.
- Autumn Nonpareils: Fun to add for fall colors.
See recipe card for complete list of ingredients and quantities.
Mini chocolate chips: If you don’t have chocolate sprinkles, you can use mini chocolate chips, chopped-up chocolate kisses, or melted and drizzled Hershey kiss candies as well.
Flavored chocolate: You can always melt chocolate and attach it to one side of a nutter butter cookie to add a fun look and flavor. Flavored chocolate is festive and fun.
🌈 Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Use the remaining chocolate chips: You can’t have too much chocolate! You can make a mini chocolate chip stem, or add a small amount of melted chocolate to the entire dessert. If you find that you have reserved chocolate chip ingredients, you can use them as you see fit.
If you love sweet fall treats, be sure to check out my Instant Pot Apple Cider!
🥄 Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
Having these supplies on hand will make the process of making this nutter butter bite dessert a breeze.
How to Make Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
You’ll love how easy these Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies are to make! All you need to make nutter butter acorns is listed below.
Step 1: Cut the cookies
First, cut the cookies in half.
Step 2: Melt and Dip
Then, melt the chocolate and dip each Nutter Butter into the chocolate. Make sure to dip the cut end of the cookie, otherwise, you’ll end up with some funny looking acorns. And you just need to dip it far enough to make a visible strip.
Step 3: Add the sprinkles
If you have little helpers, this is the fun part for them. Set the cookies down on wax paper and let the kids sprinkle on the jimmies and/or nonpareils.
Step 4: Break the pretzels
While your sous chef is sprinkling, break the pretzel sticks into thirds, then stick a piece onto the top of each acorn cookie as a stem.
I like the variety of using both the chocolate jimmies and the autumn nonpareils but you can just use one or the other if you prefer.
Step 5: Let firm
Your work is done! You just need to wait a few minutes for the chocolate to set, then your Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies will be ready to eat or store.
👩🍳 Pro Tips
Be sure to melt and stir the chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. If you need to thin out the melted chocolate, adding a tad bit of coconut oil can help. As the chocolate cools to room temperature, it will get thicker.
❓ Recipe FAQs
Can chocolate wafers burn?
They can. It’s super important to pay attention to the directions on the package so that you don’t burn them. If they burn, the entire batch has to be corrected and hopefully fixed.
How do I store leftover nutter butter acorns?
Store any leftover nutter butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Be sure to have a lid on it so that the pretzel stems won’t get stale.
Can I use chocolate kisses to make these cute fall treats?
You can. You can use mini-chocolate chips or put the flat side of the kiss at the top of the cookie to make it look like an acorn top.
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Nutter Butter Acorns Cookies
- Cut each Nutter Butter cookie in half.
- Melt chocolate candy melts according to package directions. Dip the cut end of the Nutter Butter cookie into the chocolate about ¼ way down.
- Sprinkle chocolate jimmies onto the chocolate on half of the cookies. Sprinkle nonpareils onto the chocolate on the remaining cookies.
- Break off a small end of the pretzel and stick to the top of the cookie.
- Set your acorn cookies on a sheet of wax paper to cool. Once the chocolate is set, they’re ready to serve or store!