These Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies are perfect for celebrating Fall! Not only are they adorable, they’re so easy to make that you can easily create a huge batch of Nutter Butter acorns.
How to Make Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
When people ask what I blog about, I often say I write for moms who love the things they see on Pinterest but don’t want to spend all their time and energy recreating them. I love adorable crafts and treats as much as any mom, but I have other stuff to do.
It’s my mission to find all the tricks and hacks that help us pull off the perfect Pinterest look with as little effort as possible. These Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies are a shining example of that theory in action.
You’re going to love how easy these Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies are to make!
What You Need
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Pretzel Sticks
- Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Autumn Nonpareils
- Wax Paper
How to Make Them
First, cut the cookies in half.
Then, melt the chocolate and dip each Nutter Butter into the chocolate. Make sure to dip the cut end of the cookie, otherwise, you’ll end up with some funny looking acorns. And you just need to dip it far enough to make a visible strip.
If you have little helpers, this is the fun part for them. Set the cookies down on wax paper and let the kids sprinkle on the jimmies and/or nonpareils.
While your sous chef is sprinkling, break the pretzel sticks into thirds, then stick a piece onto the top of each acorn cookie as a stem.
I like the variety of using both the chocolate jimmies and the autumn nonpareils but you can just use one or the other if you prefer.
Your work is done! You just need to wait a few minutes for the chocolate to set, then your Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies will be ready to eat or store.
Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies Recipe
Want to print out the recipe or simply prefer a recipe card to the step-by-step above? Here you go!
Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
- Cut each Nutter Butter cookies in half.
- Melt chocolate candy melts according to package directions. Dip the cut end of the Nutter Butter cookie into the chocolate about ¼ way down.
- Sprinkle chocolate jimmies onto the chocolate on half of the cookies. Sprinkle nonpareils onto the chocolate on the remaining cookies.
- Break off a small end of the pretzel and stick to the top of the cookie.
- Set your acorn cookies on a sheet of wax paper to cool. Once the chocolate is set, they're ready to serve or store!
More Fall Fun
Looking for more Fall-inspired ideas? Check out these posts: