Mini Raspberry Tarts are an elegant dessert recipe that utilizes the shortcut of puff pastry dough! I love easy dessert recipes that look beautiful and taste delicious. This tart recipe definitely fits that criteria.
WHAT IS A TART?
Besides being British slang for a pretty woman, a tart is a small pie filled with fruit for custard.
Tarts do not have a top layer of pastry as a pie does. A pie is typically served from the pie pan. A tart is a stand-alone dessert.
Tarts may have a sweet glaze on top of the fruit. They will have a pastry crust of some kind.
INGREDIENTS FOR A MINI RASPBERRY TARTS
Many dessert recipes call for a long list of ingredients. This simple dessert only has 7 ingredients and that makes me smile. The fewer the ingredients the easier the recipe usually is to make.
- Frozen Puff Pastry
- Ricotta Cheese
- Frozen Raspberries
- White Granulated Sugar
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Caster Sugar
If you are not familiar with caster sugar it is superfine granular sugar. It is like in-between granulated sugar and powdered sugar. If you have trouble finding it at your grocery store it is easy to order it online! I usually buy this kind of caster sugar.
HOW TO MAKE MINI RASPBERRY TARTS
The puff pastry makes a huge difference in the difficulty of this recipe or lack of difficulty, LOL. These mini raspberry tarts come together fast thanks to this shortcut.
STEP ONE: PREPARE PAN
Start off by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
Take your baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. The parchment paper helps the tart shells come out just right.
STEP TWO: CUT PASTRY
Now it is time to cut the thawed puff pastry dough. I like to use a circular cookie cutter that is about 2.5 inches in diameter.
After you cut each circle of pastry dough just place it on the prepared baking sheet.
Continue to reroll the dough so you can get as many circles as possible out of the sheet of puff pastry dough.
Once the circles are all cut out grab a paring knife and score a line to create a crust around each puff pastry circle. This will be about a 1/2 inch from the edge.
STEP THREE: PREPARE RASPBERRIES
Take the thawed raspberries and put them into a small bowl. Sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Set aside for the moment.
STEP FOUR: PREPARE FILLING
In a large bowl add the ricotta cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 egg.
Whisk these ingredients together until they are well combined.
STEP FIVE: ADD TOPPINGS
Place 4 or 5 raspberries on top of the filling on each pastry circle.
Take a small bowl and add the last egg. Whisk the egg and then brush a little egg on the outer edge of each puff pastry.
Sprinkle a little caster sugar on each pastry.
STEP SIX: BAKE
Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cool the mini raspberry tarts before serving.
I bet you are excited to make this beautiful mini raspberry tarts dessert. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Mini Raspberry Tarts
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed**
- 1 ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen raspberries thawed
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry using a circular cookie cutter, about 2 ½ inches in diameter. Place each circle gently on the lined baking sheet.
- Re-roll dough in order to make more circles.
- Using a paring knife, score a line to create a crust around each puff pastry circle – about ½ inch from the edge.
- Place raspberries into a small bowl and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, confectioners’ sugar and 1 egg.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the ricotta cheese mixture in the center of each puff pastry circle – within the border that was created with the paring knife.
- Place 4-5 raspberries on each puff pastry.
- Whisk the other egg in a small bowl and brush on the outer edge of each puff pastry. Sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool before serving and enjoy!
Do you love easy desserts that include fruit? Check these other recipes out:
- Apple Pie Bites
- Chocolate Berry Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Pudding Fruit Salad
- Apple and Rhubarb Pie
- Mini Strawberry Lemon Tarts
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Galette
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!