Mardi Gras is just a few days away so I thought I would post some super yummy Cajun recipes in honor of the occasion (if you are in Louisiana, substitute “holiday” for “occasion” since you are lucky enough to live in the only state that recognizes it as such). For those of you who are interested in the history of Mardi Gras and how New Orleans took over a tradition thousands of years old and made it their own, click here.
I’ve tweaked most of these recipes to make them healthier. This goes against the whole concept of Mardi Gras (“Fat Tuesday”), which is about bingeing before Lent, so I am throwing in dessert too for those of you who want to enjoy the Gras as much as the Mardi.
Corn on the Cob
If you’re throwing a party, or just really want to establish a Mardi Gras mood, here are some additional tips:
- Stock up on masks and beads to wear and/or to use as decorations
- If decorating, use lots of purple, green, and gold
- For music, play upbeat Jazz and Dixieland songs
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- How to Clean, Store and Chop Fresh Herbs: 3 Important Tips - July 28, 2017
- 25+Free Printables for Organizing Home Life - July 27, 2017
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - July 26, 2017