Mardi Gras Layered Jello Cups are the perfect individual treat for Fat Tuesday. These colorful treats are easy to make ahead of time and are great for parties.
MARDI GRAS LAYERED JELLO CUPS
Jello is a refreshing and light dessert and I love being able to do most of the work ahead of time. Layering colorful Jello in a cup is a treat that never gets boring.
Layers of purple, green and yellow bring so much color to the cup!
People enjoy walking around at parties and it is simple to do while enjoying a Mardi Gras Layered Jello because they are eaten with a spoon!
MARDI GRAS PARTY TREATS AND FAVORS
Mardi Gras is all about fun, food and fellowship. If you are throwing a Mardi Gras party there has to be plenty of food!
I visited New Orleans last year and although it wasn’t during Mardi Gras I can attest to how important food is in that city. The food was absolutely wonderful.
These Mardi Gras Layered Jello Cups are a simple dessert that will be a big hit. Other food traditions for Mardi Gras are King Cake, jambalaya, crawfish and any creole inspired dish.
If you are throwing a big Mardi Gras party be sure to have some basic party favors on hand. Beads, beads, beads are a must for any Mardi Gras party. Masks, hats and noisemakers are also going to be very popular. Make sure the decorations feature the traditional colors of purple, green and gold.
HOW TO MAKE MARDI GRAS LAYERED JELLO
To get started making Mardi Gras Layered Jello you need to gather these ingredients:
STEP ONE: PREPARE GRAPE JELLO
The first step is to make the Jello according to the package directions. Start with the grape Jello. While the Jello is still liquid pour equal amounts into 6 clear, disposable cups.
Refrigerate the cups of grape Jello for 2 hours or until set.
STEP TWO: PREPARE THE LEMON JELLO
It is time to repeat the same process above for the lemon Jello. This will create the 2nd layer in the cup.
Refrigerate the cups for another 2 hours to allow the 2nd layer of Jello to set up.
STEP THREE: PREPARE THE LIME JELLO
Go ahead and repeat the process above for the lime Jello. This creates the 3rd and final layer of Jello in the cup.
Refrigerate the cups for another 2 hours to allow for the last layer of Jello to set up.
STEP FOUR: ADD TOPPINGS
Once the Mardi Gras Layered Jello is all set up it is time to add some toppings.
You can add whipped cream, Cool Whip or any other creamy topping you would like to the top.
Add some brightly colored purple, green and gold sprinkles to the very top and you are ready to dig in!
Be sure to keep any extras in the refrigerator.
MARDI GRAS LAYERED JELLO RECIPE
If you are ready to make these delightful Mardi Gras Layered Jello Cups, just follow the detailed recipe card below.
Mardi Gras Layered Jello
- 6 clear disposable cups
- 3 ounce box Jello Lemon Gelatin
- 3 ounce box Jello Grape Gelatin
- 3 ounce box Jello Lime Gelatin
- Water according to package directions
- Whipped cream if desired
- Decorative sprinkles or sugars if desired
- Prepare grape Jell-o according to package directions. While the gelatin is still liquid, pour equal amounts into 6 clear cups. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Prepare lemon Jell-o according to package directions. While the gelatin is still liquid, pour equal amounts over the grape Jell-o. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Prepare lime Jell-o according to package directions. While the gelatin is still liquid, pour equal amounts into 6 clear cups. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and decorative sprinkles.
If you need more Mardi Gras inspiration be sure to check out these posts:
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can make it year after year!