Last Updated on January 7, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
Mardi Gras Rolo Pretzels are the perfect sweet treat to celebrate Fat Tuesday. The combination of pretzels, chocolate, nuts and caramel is just plain irresistible!
MARDI GRAS ROLO PRETZELS FOR FAT TUESDAY
There can never be too much food at a Mardi Gras celebration. Luckily these Mardi Gras Rolo Pretzels are easy to make and you can whip up a BIG batch in no time!
ITEMS NEEDED FOR MARDI GRAS ROLO PRETZELS
There are not many ingredients needed for Mardi Gras Rolo Pretzels. The main problem I have at my house is making sure the Rolo’s don’t get eaten before I get ready to make the treats.
- Small Pretzel Twists
- Pecan Halves
- Rolo Caramel Candies
- Yellow Candy Melts
- Purple Candy Melts
- Green Candy Melts
- Yellow, Green and Purple Sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE MARDI GRAS ROLO PRETZELS
When I make Mardi Gras Rolo Pretzels I like to form an assembly line and put one of my kids to work helping me. The process can go really quickly with an extra set of hands.
STEP ONE: EASY PREPARATIONS
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pretzels in a single layer on the baking sheet.
STEP TWO: PLACE ROLOS
If you haven’t unwrapped all of the Rolo candies do that now.
Place one Rolo candy on top of each pretzel twist.
STEP THREE: BAKE
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the Rolo candies are soft, but not melted. Remove from the oven.
STEP FOUR: PLACE PECANS
As soon as you remove the pan from the oven immediately press one pecan half down on top of each Rolo candy. Press the candy all the way through to the pretzel.
STEP FIVE: COOL
Allow the pretzels to cool completely on the baking sheet. Now move all the pretzel turtles to a wire rack.
STEP SIX: DECORATE
Place each color of candy coating in a separate bowl and melt according to the package instructions.
Take one color of melted candy coating at a time and drizzle the chocolate over the pretzel turtles.
Add sprinkles to the tops before the candy coating sets up.
Let the Mardi Gras Rolo Pretzels to set up before storing in an airtight container.
MARDI GRAS ROLO PRETZELS RECIPE
Are you ready to make some of these adorable Mardi Gras Rolo Pretzels? You can print off the recipe below.
Mardi Gras Rolo Pretzels
- 35 small pretzel twists
- 35 pecan halves, lightly toasted and salted
- 8 ounce package Rolo Unwrapped Caramel Candies
- 1 bag Yellow candy melts
- 1 bag Purple candy melts
- 1 bag Green candy melts
- Yellow, green, and purple sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pretzels in a single layer on baking sheet. On top of each pretzel, place a Rolo candy.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until candies are soft but not melted. Remove from oven.
- Immediately press one pecan half down on top of each Rolo candy, pressing the candy through the pretzel. Allow pretzel turtles to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- After cooling, remove pretzel turtles to a wire rack.
- Melt candy coating in individual bowls according to package directions. One color at a time, drizzle candy coating over pretzel turtles.
- Immediately add sprinkles.
- Allow to set before storing. To speed the setting process, place turtle pretzels in the refrigerator.
If you would like some more ideas for Mardi Gras check these Mardi Gras Recipe Ideas. Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can make it year after year.