Last Updated on December 17, 2021 by Corinne Schmitt
These Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes are a great side dish for so many different main dishes. They’re easy, delicious, and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen.
Originally, I used my Instant Pot to get dinner on the table easier. It quickly became my favorite appliance so I branched out and starting experimenting with other recipes. My first breakfast recipe was a French Toast Casserole that my kids LOVED.
I’ve also tried a few of my kids’ favorite side dishes. They’re big fans of my Instant Pot Corn on the Cob. And these Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes are a close second. Another similar crowd-pleasing side dish is Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes.
How to Make Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes
If you have potatoes in your pantry, you probably have everything you need to make these Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes without heading to the store. That’s just another reason I love this recipe! Here’s how you make it:
Step 1 – Slice the Potatoes
First, you’ll need to cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks.
Then, add them to the Instant Pot.
Step 2 – Add Remaining Ingredients
Next, you’ll add all the other ingredients that will make these potatoes delicious! Pour in the water (so the pot will come to pressure), and add minced garlic, minced onion, dried dill, Italian seasoning, and fresh parsley.
Then, drop butter in dollops over the top of the potatoes.
Step 3 – Cook
Finally, secure the Instant Pot lid, press the stew setting and cook for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Your Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes are ready to serve! Add more seasoning before serving if you want more flavor. I like to sprinkle on some fresh parsley for color. These potatoes would be a great side dish to serve with Air Fryer Steak and Mushrooms. Another great side dish to try is these Air Fryer Diced Potatoes.
Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes
- 6-8 potatoes cut in half and then 1/2″ slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 small onion minced
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes in half, and then slice to 1/2″ thickness.
- Place in the instant pot.
- Stir in all ingredients and then drop the butter in dollops all over the top.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, select “stew” for 5 minutes and then allow to natural release for at least 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed before serving.
- Note: if you want crispy potatoes, you can drain and add more butter at the end, select “sauté” and cook until browned, about 8 minutes.