If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to decorate for Fall, you’ll love this DIY Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin Craft. It’s a great way to put some of your recycleables to use and it super easy to create.
I love decorating for holidays and seaons, but I hate to spend a lot of money on decorations and then find a place to store them all. That’s why I love DIY decorations that use recycled materials that I won’t feel guilty throwing out when it’s time to change decorations.
This DIY toilet paper roll pumpkin craft is perfect for adding a touch of fall to your home without breaking the budget. And when winter arrives, you can toss it in the recycling bin instead of searching for a place to store it.
Why Toilet Paper Rolls?
Actually, you can use the cardboard roll from toilet paper, paper towels or wrapping paper. Any of these will be pliable enough to shape.
The best part? You’d probably have tossed them into the garbage or recycling bin. You’ve just obtained the primary material for this project for FREE!
How to Make a Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin
I’m not a crafty person by nature, so all of my crafts are really easy. This toilet paper roll pumpkin is no exception.
Before you get started on the craft, you’ll need a few materials.
- Paper towel or toilet paper rolls
- Orange and green craft paint
- Pipe cleaner
- 1″ burlap ribbon
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Lay out a piece of scratch newspaper before you get started.
- Cut a 2 1/2″ piece off your toilet paper roll and paint it green.
- Paint the rest of toilet paper roll orange and let both pieces dry (it doesn’t take long).
- Cut your orange roll into 3/4″ sections.
- Loop all your orange rings onto a pipe cleaner and twist the ends of the pipe cleaner together to secure (make sure you have enough room to stick the green stem).
- Carefully hot glue the green stem and stick it into the center of the pumpkin.
- Tie a long piece of burlap ribbon into a bow and glue it into the green stem.
Your carboard pumpkin is done! Use it to add some fall flair to a table or mantle.
More Halloween Decorating Ideas
If you liked this DIY Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin craft, you might appreciate some of these other DIY Halloween Deocrations.
And for easy ways to dress up the front of your home without scaring away trick-or-treaters, check out these totally non-spooky Halloween front porch ideas.
Also, check out all of my Fun Halloween Ideas for recipes, activities, and free printables too!