Last Updated on July 8, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
If you love churros, then you’re going to love these Instant Pot Churro Bites! They’re quick and easy to make and perfect for a sweet snack or dessert, plus, the little bit of cinnamon sugar on the outside is irresistible!
If you love easy snack recipes like this then you are going to love this cinnamon sugar-dusted treat. You’ll definitely want to add these to your must-make list.
- Instant Pot Churro Bites
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Instant Pot Churro Bites
- Step 1: Mix together sugar, butter, cinnamon, and milk
- Step 2: Add in flour, salt, and baking powder until mixed
- Step 3: Lightly oil the egg molds
- Step 4: Fill the egg molds until almost full
- Step 5: Add trivet and water to the pressure cooker
- Step 6: Pressure cook the churro bites
- Step 7: Remove the churros from the molds
- Step 8: Roll the churros in a cinnamon sugar mixture
- Step 9: Serve and enjoy
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- More Cinnamon Recipes
- Instant Pot Churro Bites Recipe
- Instant Pot Churro Bites
Instant Pot Churro Bites
The churro is a traditional Spanish pastry that is made from flour, sugar, and eggs. It is often coated in cinnamon sugar and served with a dipping sauce. Churros are thought to have originated in the early 1500s, and they have been a popular dessert ever since.
Why I Love This Recipe
Churros are one of the most popular snacks in Mexico, and now you can enjoy them at home with these amazing Instant Pot Churro Bites! They’re quick to make and perfect as either an appetizer or dessert (or both!)
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love cinnamon sugar desserts like this, give this Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Donuts recipe a try.
These churro bites only require a few simple ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store. You will be so glad you don’t have to go out and buy a bunch of special ingredients for this dish!
- light brown sugar
- melted butter
- whole milk
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
Brown Sugar: Dark brown sugar can be used in place of the light brown sugar in this recipe.
Milk: Instead of whole milk, you can use any type of milk that you have on hand.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this delicious snack or dessert recipe. Gather your family around the table and get ready to make this simple recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Churro Bites
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. Follow the steps below and you will have a delicious dessert or snack in no time at all.
Step 1: Mix together sugar, butter, cinnamon, and milk
In a bowl, mix the light brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and milk until completely mixed.
Step 2: Add in flour, salt, and baking powder until mixed
Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder until completely mixed and the batter is thick.
Step 3: Lightly oil the egg molds
Spray a paper towel with cooking oil. Coat egg molds until lightly coated.
Step 4: Fill the egg molds until almost full
Spoon in batter making sure it’s evenly distributed in all egg mold cups until almost full. Leave some room for the batter to rise.
Step 5: Add trivet and water to the pressure cooker
Cover egg molds with foil, stack egg molds on the trivet, and add a cup of water to the instant pot.
Step 6: Pressure cook the churro bites
Close the instant pot lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 11 minutes. Allow the instant pot to naturally release pressure for ten minutes then release the pressure valve.
Step 7: Remove the churros from the molds
Remove egg molds and pop out the churro bites.
Step 8: Roll the churros in a cinnamon sugar mixture
Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl, toss the churro bite in sugar-cinnamon mix until fully coated
Step 9: Serve and enjoy
Enjoy your churro bites plain or dip in your favorite sweet sauce.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
If you want to get creative, there are a few ways that you can change up this recipe. Here are a few ideas:
Chocolate: Add some chocolate chips to the batter for a chocolate twist
Nuts: Roll the bites in chopped nuts or sprinkles
Dips: Serve with a dipping sauce like caramel, chocolate, or strawberry
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect churro bites:
- Do not overfill the egg molds or the batter will spill over while cooking. Fill the molds about 3/4 of the way full.
- Be sure to cover the egg mold tightly with foil to prevent water from getting into your bites.
- Be sure to coat the egg molds with oil, this will help the bites release easily.
- If you want a sweeter coating, you can add more sugar to the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Do you have questions about this Instant Pot Churro Bites recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
These bites are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
You can reheat these bites in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or in a 350-degree oven for 5-7 minutes.
Yes, you can freeze the cooked and cooled churro bites in an airtight container for up to three months. When you are ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat according to the instructions above.
More Cinnamon Recipes
If you like cinnamon, give these recipes a try:
Instant Pot Churro Bites Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Instant Pot Churro Bites
- Large bowl
- silicone egg molds
- Instant Pot
- paper towel
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix the light brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon and milk until completely mixed.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until completely mixed and batter is thick.
- Spray paper towel with cooking oil. Coat egg molds until lightly coated.
- Spoon in batter making sure to evenly distribute in all egg mold cups until almost full. Leave some room for the batter to rise.
- Cover egg molds with foil, stack egg molds on trivet and add a cup of water to the instant pot.
- Close instant pot lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 11 minutes. Allow the instant pot to naturally release pressure for ten minutes then release the pressure valve.
- Remove egg molds and pop out the churro bites.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl, toss the churro bite in sugar cinnamon mix until fully coated.
- Enjoy your churro bites plain or dip in your favorite sweet sauce.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!