This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole is creamy, spicy and delicious. It makes a great dinner if you want to break out of boring and is also a hit at potlucks!
One of the few downsides of Instant Pot recipes is that they can sometimes come out bland. On the upside, it’s incentive to work with bolder flavors without the fear of them overwhelming the entire dish.
This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole is definitely not bland. And served with a side salad, it’s a complete meal.
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Ready to get started? Here’s what you need to do.
Ingredients to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole
To make this dish using your Instant Pot you only need a few basic ingredients:
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 lb box penne pasta
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 diced, fresh jalapeños OR 2 tbsp chopped green onions
Instructions for Making Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole
This is a great recipe for using up leftover rotisserie chicken or chicken breasts. I often make a big batch of shredded chicken in my Instant Pot and then use it throughout the week for quick and easy wraps, casseroles, and on salads.
Since I start this recipe with the chicken pre-cooked, the first step is to make the creamy buffalo sauce that will coat the entire dish. In a medium bowl, combine a block of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of Ranch dressing, and 1 cup of buffalo sauce.
Stir together until they are well combined. It should look like this:
Add the shredded chicken to the cream sauce and stir to combine. Mix well because you want all of the chicken coated in the sauce.
Next, add the pasta to the pot. Then, pour in the chicken broth (or water, if you prefer). Spoon the creamy chicken mixture over the top. Do not stir!
Secure the lid of your Instant Pot, make sure the valve is set to “Sealing,” press “Manual” and set the cook time for 4 minutes. When the cook time ends, move the valve to “Venting” to quickly release the pressure.
Once the pressure has fully released, remove the lid. Stir the dish to combine the pasta and chicken mixture. Then, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and replace the lid. Set the valve to “Sealing” once again, and let the dish rest for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
After a few minutes, remove the lid. Your Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole is ready to serve!
Spoon into bowls and top with diced jalapenos or green onions, whichever you prefer.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole Recipe
Prefer to print out the recipe? Here’s the recipe card with exact measurements and step-by-step instructions.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 cups Chicken broth (or water)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 jalapeños diced, seed removed optional
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped optional
- In a medium bowl mix together Ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and cream cheese until creamy.
- Mix in shredded chicken.
- Add pasta to the pot. Pour in chicken broth/water. Top with chicken mixture. Do not stir.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Stir to combine. Top with shredded cheese. Secure lid.
- Wait 2-3 minutes for cheese to melt. Remove lid and serve. Garnish with jalapenos and/or green onions.
Pin this recipe so you can easily find it later: