A bathroom remodel is time-consuming and expensive but there are many affordable and easy ways to update your bathroom. You don’t need special skills or loads of cash to upgrade your bathroom!
The bathroom is usually one of the first rooms in our homes that we all feel inclined to give a little face-lift. Feeling that way is normal, you are not alone!
The great part about upgrading your bath is that it can be super easy to do. While you may want to think about doing a little construction and demolishing to add those upgrades, it can be just as simple to upgrade by just changing out a bit of the current decor and options.
Looking for a few suggestions on how to make this happen? Here are some super easy ways to update your bathroom that anyone can do!
15 Easy Ways to Update Your Bathroom
- Bathroom Fan. Let’s be real…the fan on the ceiling isn’t always the most pretty thing to look at, right? Why not give it an instant facelift by giving it a new cover?
- Vanity Wall Sconce. A simple and quick update that can make a huge impact on your bathroom is to change out the current light fixture. Wall sconces are a modern and great upgrade to consider!
- Slow Close Toilet Seat. I’d be lying if I didn’t see that this was of the best upgrades ever. If you have kids that have a tendency to drop the seat, with this upgrade it won’t happen EVER again.
- Bathroom Faucet. Nothing says clean and sleek like a newly upgraded bathroom faucet.
- Ceiling Light. If you don’t have the room for a wall sconce in your bathroom, make certain to not forget about the ceiling light. It’s a focal point that deserves a face-lift as well!
- Shower Curtain Rod. The time has come for the plastic shower curtain rod to be no more. Upgrading to a stainless steel look is a super simple way to upgrade quickly and easily.
- Luxury Bathroom Rug. Why not update and upgrade your bathroom with a pop of color by adding a beautiful luxury bathroom rug? It’s a great way to show your style with little to no effort.
- Automatic Soap Dispense. Nothing says fancy like a soap dispenser that literally does all the work for you!
- Crystal Glass Knobs. If you love your cabinets, but just aren’t crazy about the hardware attached to them, upgrading them is a piece of cake! While there are a ton of options out there, crystal glass knobs are always a show-stopper.
- Stainless Steel Toilet Paper Holder. It’s the little things that can make a huge difference! Just remember that even a simple upgrade to your toilet paper holder can add a whole new look to the overall flow of your bathroom.
- Self-Adhesive Tile Art. Indecisive about the color or pattern that you want to change in your bathroom? With this self-adhesive tile art, you can add, change and remove as you please.
- Towel and Robe Hooks. The time has come where paying the towels over the back of the door to dry out are no more. This simple upgrade will have you wondering why you waited so long to do it in the first place!
- Bathroom Mirror. Don’t like the look or shape of your current mirror? Pick out a new one and change it out! It’s seriously as simple as that.
- Bath Vanity. Although it can be a little more pricey, changing out the vanity in your bathroom is a great way to give more space or create a whole new vibe. There are so many choices and color options out there that you are certain to find one that fits exactly what you are looking for.
- Showerhead. This upgrade tends to be overlooked but is totally worth it. Who doesn’t want to have a showerhead that almost feels spa-like?
More Easy Ways to Update Your Bathroom
My goal was to find 15 easy ways to update your bathroom, but I actually found more! Here are a couple of extra ideas.
Towel Warmer. My husband got a towel warmer for me for Christmas a few years ago and it’s one of my favorite gifts ever. The only thing better than a nice, hot shower is wrapping up in a warm, cozy towel afterward.
Countertop Paint. A friend of mine couldn’t afford new countertops in her kitchen so she bought this kit to update them instead. They turned out amazing! You can use the kit on a variety of countertop surfaces so it works just as well in an outdated bathroom.
While these are just a few suggestions on easy ways to update your bathroom and give it that long overdue face-lift, there are a ton of other options out there as well. Decide what is important to you, and then prioritize those wants. With a little preparation and planning, your bath will be upgraded with a whole new look and feel before you know it!