Last Updated on October 10, 2021 by Corinne Schmitt
Pork and apples pair beautifully together. This Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples recipe is a great way to enjoy this wonderful flavor combination.
I adapted this recipe from my most popular non-Instant Pot recipe. My Baked Pork Chops and Apples with Brown Sugar Glaze is so easy and kid-friendly, I knew Instant Pot fans would love an IP version.
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples
Normally, my favorite feature of Instant Pot recipes is that I only dirty one pot. This recipe is one of the exceptions, but other than the additional bowls called for in the instructions, it’s just as easy as my other recipes, like my Instant Pot Pork and Beans.
Step 1 – Cut the Apples
First, set the pot to saute. While the pot heats up, slice the apples.
Then, place the apples in a large bowl and set them aside.
Step 2 – Prepare the Seasoning
Next, you’ll combine brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl.
This is going to become an amazing sauce on your pork chops and apples. It will also make your house smell amazing when you open the lid of your Instant Pot later!
Pour the brown sugar mixture over the apples and stir well. Make sure you coat all of the apple slices with the sugar and seasonings.
Step 3 – Saute the Apples
Now, add butter to the Instant Pot. After it has melted, add the apples and saute them for four minutes. Stir the apples occasionally to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Pour water over the apples.
Step 4 – Add the Pork Chops
Once you’ve sauteed the apples, you’ll season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Make sure to season both sides.
Then, add the seasoned pork chops to your Instant Pot and turn the pot off.
Step 5 – Pressure Cook
Now it’s time to let your Instant Pot pressure cook this meal. Secure the lid, select meat setting and set the time to 10 minutes.
When the Instant Pot beeps, quick release the pressure. Your Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples are ready to serve!
Spoon some apples and a pork chop onto each plate and drizzle with some of the sauce from the bottom of the pot.
Instant Pot Pork Chop and Apples Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Pork Chop and Apples? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 apples
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Select the saute setting as you chop or slice your apples.
- Place the chopped apples in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the apples and stir well to coat.
- Add the butter to the pot and let it melt. Then, add the apple mixture to the melted butter and saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour water over the apples. (This step was added after several readers experienced a burn error)
- Season your pork chops, front and back, with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops over the apples and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and select “meat setting” for 10 minutes (8 minutes if your pork chops are thin).
- Quick release and serve the pork chops overtop of the apples.
No Instant Pot? No problem! See my original version here.