Pork and apples pair beautifully together. This Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples recipe is a great way to enjoy this wonderful flavor combination. (I’m addicted to the sweetness of the apples!)
This just might be my favorite pork chop recipe. If you want tender pork soups, this easy pork meal is the best. The quick cook time makes these apple pork chops ready in a breeze, perfect for those slow and lazy weekends.
This is also a great recipe that the whole family will enjoy because of the flavor! Who knew that cooked pork and cinnamon apples could taste so good?!
About This Apples and Pork Recipe
The fun part about making this delicious apple and pork recipe is that it takes on the flavor so well. Using the instant pot to sauté really cuts down on the clean up process, too!
I’m all about cooking chops in the Instant Pot if it means I can spend more time sitting at the table with the family eating dinner and less time scrubbing on pots and pans.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Perfect for picking eaters
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Hearty and delicious
If you’re a fan of Instant Pot Apple and Pork, be sure to try my Baked Pork Chops and Apples, too.
Butter: I like to use unsalted butter for this since there is sodium in the pork chops.
Apples: You can choose your favorite type of apples to pair with the juicy pork chops.
Pork chops: You can use bone-in chops, boneless pork chops, fresh pork chops, and even frozen pork chops for this recipe.
See recipe card for complete list of ingredients and quantities.
If you don’t want your Instant Pot pork chops with apples to have a cinnamon flavor, you can easily leave out the nutmeg and cinnamon. Instead just let the sweetness of the apples flavor the thin pork chops.
🌈 Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Spicy: If you want more of a heat with your pork, rather than an apple cinnamon flavor, add a little bit of cayenne pepper to the pot and brown and cook. This is a simple way to get a sweet heat.
Add onions: Apples and onions go really well together! Pile the combination high on top of the pork chops when you serve them for a truly delightful flavor. You’ll just add the onions to the Instant Pot to saute just like you would the meat.
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples
Normally, my favorite feature of Instant Pot recipes is that I only dirty one pot. This recipe is one of the exceptions, but other than the additional bowls called for in the instructions, it’s just as easy as my other recipes, like my Instant Pot Pork and Beans.
Step 1 – Cut the Apples
First, set the pot to saute. While the pot heats up, slice the apples.
Then, place the apples in a large bowl and set them aside.
Step 2 – Prepare the Seasoning
Next, you’ll combine brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl.
This is going to become an amazing sauce on your pork chops and apples. It will also make your house smell amazing when you open the lid of your Instant Pot later!
Pour the brown sugar mixture over the apples and stir well. Make sure you coat all of the apple slices with the sugar and seasonings.
Step 3 – Sauté the Apples
Now, add butter to the Instant Pot. After it has melted, add the apples and sauté them for four minutes. Stir the apples occasionally to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Pour water over the apples.
Step 4 – Add the Pork Chops
Once you’ve sautéed the apples, you’ll season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Make sure to season both sides.
Then, add the seasoned pork chops to your Instant Pot and turn the pot off.
Step 5 – Pressure Cook
Now it’s time to let your Instant Pot pressure cook this meal. Secure the lid, select meat setting and set the time to 10 minutes.
When the Instant Pot beeps, quick release the pressure. Your Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples are ready to serve!
Spoon some apples and a pork chop onto each plate and drizzle with some of the sauce from the bottom of the pot.
👩🍳 Pro Tips
- Pork chops smothered in apples is a fun and unique meal. Keep in mind that if there is liquid in the pot, you can deglaze the pot and make a delicious apple gravy to put right on top of cooked pork loin chops. Once you brown the pork chops, you can then add the onion and apple into the Instant Pot in a single layer to cook and later add to the top the pork.
- Turn the Instant Pot to “warm” and put the pork chops back in the Instant Pot to keep them warm while waiting. Put a little bit of apple on top to let those flavors continue to mesh together.
- While you can cook thick chops in the Pot, thinner chops will result in more tender pork chops. I’d recommend making this Instant Pot pork chops recipe a few times and see if you prefer thick pork chops or thinner pork chops.
- I’ve tried this recipe with different types of apples, and it really does change the flavor!
❓ Recipe FAQs
Once you cook the boneless pork loin chops, store the leftovers so that you can enjoy them again. Place the meat and apples in an airtight container, and keep them stored in the fridge. For the best results, eat within 2 days.
Boneless chops are easy to reheat by simply adding them back to the pot and heating all the way through. You can also reheat them low and slow in the microwave as well.
Be careful when reheating pressure cooker pork chops because you don’t want to overcook them when you’re reheating. Just heat and remove the pork chops and serve with your favorite sides, like mashed potatoes.
Even though it takes a lot longer to make slow cooker pork chops versus cooking the pork chops in the Instant Pot, you can make it either way. Once you place pork chops in the slow cooker, you’ll want to cook the meat and apples for 5-6 hours on high.
Add the pork chops and place the lid on, and walk away. I recommended testing the pork with a meat thermometer and making sure that it’s done and cooked all the way. If you need to cook the pork longer, you can place the pork chops back into the slow cooker and continue to cook.
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Instant Pot Pork Chop Recipe:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Stuffing
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- Green Beans
- Sautéed Spinach
- Baked Acorn Squash
Ready to make this Instant Pot Pork Chop and Apples? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 apples
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Select the saute setting as you chop or slice your apples.
- Place the chopped apples in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the apples and stir well to coat.
- Add the butter to the pot and let it melt. Then, add the apple mixture to the melted butter and saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour water over the apples. (This step was added after several readers experienced a burn error)
- Season your pork chops, front and back, with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops over the apples and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and select “meat setting” for 10 minutes (8 minutes if your pork chops are thin).
- Quick release and serve the pork chops overtop of the apples.
No Instant Pot? No problem! See my original version here.