BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN
I know this is a dessert recipe, but isn’t it nice to be able to add a healthy ingredient to ice cream? It helps lessen the guilt of eating it!
Pumpkin is one of the best sources of beta carotene. Beta carotene is an antioxidant that the body converts to Vitamin A.
Pumpkins are also full of fiber, potassium and Vitamin C.
It is easy to add pumpkin to a variety of desserts for a little nutritional boost!
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN PECAN ICE CREAM
You will love the fall flavors in this delicious homemade ice cream recipe.
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Puree
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Ginger
- Chopped Pecans
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PECAN ICE CREAM
I love how easy no churn ice cream is to make at home. This pumpkin-flavored ice cream always makes an appearance as soon as fall hits at our house.
STEP ONE: BEAT CREAM
In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and beat it with a mixer until it has thickened.
STEP TWO: ADD INGREDIENTS
Pour the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, pumpkin puree, ground cloves, allspice, ground ginger, and cinnamon into the mixing bowl and fold in the cream until combined.
STEP THREE: LAYER
Pour half the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe loaf pan or container.
Sprinkle half the chopped pecans on top of the ice cream.
Spread the remaining half of the ice cream on top of the pecans.
Sprinkle the rest of the pecans on the very top and swirl into the ice cream, if desired.
STEP FOUR: FREEZE
Place the container into the freezer for 5-6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve the ice cream, remove the container from the freezer and let it sit out on the counter for 5-10 minutes so it can soften.
PUMPKIN PECAN ICE CREAM RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this pumpkin pecan ice cream recipe via the recipe card below.
Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla and seasonings and fold in until smooth.
- Next, spoon half of the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the pecans. Repeat layers and top with remaining pecans.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove the container from the freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.
If you love the flavor of pumpkin be sure to check these other great recipes out:
- Easy Pumpkin Mousse
- Caramel Pumpkin Cookie Cup Recipe
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Dip
Be sure to PIN this for later!