Instant Pot Pound Cake is one of the best pound cakes you will ever have; it is moist, dense, and full of flavor. This cake is perfect for any occasion, whether you are looking for a dessert to bring to a party or potluck, or you just want to make a delicious cake for your family.
If you love Instant Pot dessert recipes, then this is the recipe for you. With this simple recipe you no longer have to worry about your pound cake falling in the oven because it turns out perfect every time.
Instant Pot Pound Cake
Instant Pot cooking has taken the world by storm in the last few years, and the main reason is because of how easy it is. Not only is cooking in a pressure cooker easy, but by using pressure to cook, you get your food in less time than cooking on a traditional stove.
If you ask me, one of the biggest benefits of making a pound cake in the Instant Pot is that you don’t have to worry about it drying out or overcooking. This cake comes out moist and dense every time, and full of flavor.
Why I Love This Recipe
This Instant Pot Pound Cake recipe is one of my favorites because it is so simple to make and you always get great results. The cake takes just a few minutes to put together, and then you can let the pressure cooker do its thing.
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Looks beautiful on a plate
If you love Instant Pot cake recipes, give this Instant Pot Angel Food Cake recipe a try.
This Instant Pot Pound Cake recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients, all of which are easy to find at your local grocery store.
- unsalted butter, at room temp
- granulated sugar
- eggs, room temp
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
Extract: Instead of vanilla extract, almond extract can be used for a richer flavor.
Flour: If you only have self rising flour on hand, use that and leave out the baking powder and salt in this recipe. Be sure to still include the baking soda.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few helpful tools to help you make this delicious recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Pound Cake
If you’re looking for an easy Instant Pot pound cake recipe that always turns out perfect, then this is the recipe for you. This cake comes together in just a few simple steps, and then you can relax while the pressure cooker does the work.
Step 1: Cream together the wet ingredients
In a stand mixer add softened butter, sugar, pure vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cream until very light and fluffy.
Step 2: Add eggs into the butter mixture slowly
Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
Step 3: Sift together the dry ingredients
In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Step 4: Slowly add the buttermilk and flour to the butter mixture
Slowly add the buttermilk and flour mixture to the cream mixture. Alternate between flour mixture and buttermilk.
Step 5: Pour the batter into the cake pan and cover
Pour the batter into a greased bundt cake pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
Step 6: Add water and trivet to the Instant Pot
Next, add 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot insert and add a trivet.
Step 7: Add the bundt pan to the pressure cooker
Place the bundt pan in the Instant Pot to rest on the trivet.
Step 8: Close the lid and pressure valve
Close the lid and turn the pressure valve.
Step 9: Cook the pound cake
Cook on manual for 90 minutes of cooking time.
Step 10: Allow the pressure to naturally release
Let the pressure release naturally, then carefully remove the pound cake. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
Step 11: Garnish the pound cake
Garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are a few different ways you can change up this recipe to fit your taste or what you have on hand.
Add-Ins: You can mix in 1 cup of shredded coconut, chocolate chips, or chopped nuts into the batter before cooking.
Frosting: A simple glaze made with powdered sugar and milk can be drizzled over the top of the cooled cake. Or, for a richer flavor, try a cream cheese frosting.
Nuts: Top the cake with chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts.
Want to make sure that your pound cake turns out well? Here are some tips to follow.
- Be sure to cream the wet ingredients together until light and fluffy. This will ensure a light and fluffy cake.
- Sift the dry ingredients together before slowly adding them to the wet ingredients. This will help prevent any lumps in the batter.
- Once you add the flour to your cake batter, be careful to not overmix, as this can result in a tough cake.
- If you want a more lemony flavor, try using lemon extract instead of vanilla.
- Add the water to the pressure cooker before adding the bundt pan so that no water gets into the cake.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally after cooking before removing the cake. This will help keep the cake from falling apart.
- Just a note since this cake is cooked in the Instant Pot it will not have a hard crust like a traditional cake that is baked in the oven. But it will be just as delicious!
Do you have questions about this Instant Pot Pound Cake recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Yes, the cake can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
There are a few ways to tell if the cake is done. The first is to insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done. Another way to tell is by lightly pressing down on the top of the cake. If it springs back, it’s done.
More Instant Pot Desserts Recipes
If you like Instant Pot desserts, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Instant Pot Pound Cake
- 8 qt. Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Bundt Cake Pan (7″)
- IP Silicone Sling
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a stand mixer add softened butter, sugar, pure vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cream until very light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the buttermilk and flour mixture to the cream mixture. Alternate between flour mixture and buttermilk.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt cake pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Next, add 2 cups water to Instant Pot insert and add a trivet.
- Place the bundt pan in the Instant Pot to rest on the trivet.
- Close the lid and turn the pressure valve.
- Cook on manual for 90 minutes of cooking time.
- Let the pressure release naturally, then carefully remove the pound cake. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!