Caramel and apple are two flavors that blend together amazingly, and if you’re craving for just that, and are looking for a no fuss, easy recipe to try, give this instant pot caramel apple bundt cake a shot!
I for one love the flavor combination of caramel and apples. It is not only a classic, but it is reminiscent of visiting fairs and fun gatherings with family and friends. This Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cake is the grown up version of visiting your favorite stand at your local fairway, but the kids will love it too.
This recipe is fantastic no matter when or why you serve it. It can be served up to company, taking to potlucks and even just enjoyed any night of the week when you want a delicious dessert. In fact, this recipe can be eaten any time of day. You can eat it with a nice hot coffee in the morning, as a yummy afternoon snack or simply as dessert after a meal.
The good news? It is done in the Instant Pot, making it a pretty quick cake to throw together. It also doesn’t require an overabundance of ingredients or work, so it is great if you are in a pinch and want a yummy dessert to serve.
Yummy and easy!
Let’s get started making this Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cake!
What You Need to Make This Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cake
The good thing about this recipe is that it is somewhat easy and quick to throw together. It doesn’t require much in the way of effort, but it tastes like you have spent hours creating a masterpiece.
What you need:
- Apples – You will want to ensure that your apples are peeled and cored before you get started.
- Sugar – Regular sugar works perfectly for this recipe.
- Eggs – Make sure you are using large eggs. This will help to keep the integrity of the cake.
- Vanilla – This will add a delicious, rich flavor to your cake.
- Cinnamon – Do not skimp out on the cinnamon. It is what really brings out the flavor of the apples and caramel.
- Butter – Soften your butter before you get started.
- Flour – Regular white flour is all your need for this recipe.
- Baking powder
- Caramel bits – These can usually be found near the chocolate chips in your baking aisle.
- Spray oil
How to Make Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cake
Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside for later.
Using a large bowl, cream together your butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and sugar until well combined.
Fold your apples into your butter and sugar mixture.
Mix your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients, adding only a little at a time until they are well combined. The mixture should be thick.
Grease a 6 cup Bundt cake pan and spread your mixture evenly and thoroughly in it.
Cover the Bundt cake with foil tightly.
Pour 1 cup of water into a 6 quart (or larger) instant pot. Insert the trivet.
Place your Bundt pan on top of your trivet.
Lock the lid of your instant pot and set the vent to sealing.
Press the manual button, high pressure and set for 70 minutes.
When your instant pot beats, perform a quick pressure release.
Using extreme caution, remove the trivet and the Bundt pan from the instant pot.
Remove the foil from the Bundt pan. Place a dish on the top of the Bundt pan and flip it over to remove the cake.
In a microwave safe bowl, pour in 1 tbsp of water and your caramel bits. Microwave for 30-50 seconds, stirring every 10-15 seconds until the caramel bits have completely melted.
Drizzle the caramel over the Bundt cake.
Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 apples peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz caramel bits
- 1 tbsp water
- Spray oil
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Fold in apples.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients a little at a time until combined well. The mixture will be thick.
- Grease 6 cup bundt pan and spread mixture thoroughly.
- Cover with foil tightly.
- In 6qt or bigger Instant Pot, pour 1 cup water and insert trivet.
- Place bundt pan on top of trivet.
- Lock lid and set vent to sealing.
- Press manual button, high pressure, for 70 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, quick pressure release.
- Remove trivet and bundt pan carefully.
- Remove foil, place dish on top of bundt pan and flip it over to remove cake.
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour in 1 tbsp water and caramel bits.
- Microwave for 30-50 seconds, stirring every 10-15 seconds until caramel is melted completely.
- Drizzle over cake, slice, and serve.
And oh, if you’ve got some more apples left, you might want to give these apple pumpkin breakfast cookies a shot!
Need to run to the store to get some of the ingredients? Pin the recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to make it!