Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is a delicious beef stir fry recipe that cooks up quickly in the Instant Pot. A perfect quick weekday meal, just dump everything into your pressure cooker and dinner will be ready in minutes!
If you love homemade takeout recipes, then this recipe is for you. Not only is this meal simple to make, but it’s also kid-friendly.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Did you know that Beef and Broccoli is believed to actually be an American dish? While the dish does have Chinese flavors, it is believed that the recipe was created by Chinese immigrants who had settled in the San Francisco area.
Why I Love This Recipe
This Instant Pot Broccoli Beef recipe is the perfect family-friendly weekday meal.
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love Instant Pot Chinese-Inspired recipes, then give this Instant Pot Orange Chicken recipe a try.
This ingredient list may seem long, but you should have most of these ingredients on hand in your pantry already. One quick trip to the grocery store and you will be ready to make this quick dinner.
- beef stir fry meat
- broccoli; washed and cut into individual pieces
- zucchini; quartered and slice into rounds
- coconut aminos or soy sauce
- brown sugar
- garlic; minced
- ginger; minced
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds for topping
Beef: Use your favorite cut of beef just make sure that it is cut thinly.
Sesame Oil: Can be replaced with Olive Oil.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
Gather these few simple kitchen tools to help you make this tasty beef recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Ginger Beef Stir Fry
To make this easy takeout meal at home recipe, follow these seven simple steps. You will be so glad that you did.
Step 1: Add the meat to the pressure cooker
Place meat into the instant pot with one cup of water.
Step 2: Pressure cook the meat
Place lid on instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set the timer to 20 minutes.
Step 3: Release the pressure
Once the instant pot comes to pressure and stops counting then beeps, release the press from the valve.
Step 4: Drain the juice
Drain the juice and then turn off the pot, then press the saute button.
Step 5: Make the sauce
Mix together coconut aminos or soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Pour onto the meat and stir until sauce starts to thicken.
Step 6: Cook the vegetables
Add in broccoli and zucchini. Place lid on the pot but don’t close. Saute vegetables stirring every two minutes until vegetables are desired tenderness.
Step 7: Garnish and serve
Serve with rice and top with sesame seeds.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Do you want to personalize this recipe? Here are some of my favorite swaps for this recipe.
Spicy: If you are a fan of spicy meals, add in 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Peanuts: Do you like a crunch with your food? Garnish your bowl with chopped roasted peanuts.
Pineapple: Add in a cup of diced pineapple to add a sweet pop of flavor.
Wondering what to serve with this beef stir fry? Here are my favorite side dishes to serve with this dish.
Looking for tips for this dish? Here are my top tips for making the best beef stir fry.
- The time listed to cook the meat is just a guide. The cooking time can vary based on the cut of beef that you use. Thin cuts will cook quickly, whereas thicker cuts may take longer.
- For more flavor add salt and pepper to your taste.
- If you choose to make this dish spicy, remember that adding spice will take away from the sweet flavor of the sauce.
- Change up the vegetables in this recipe to suit your family’s preferences. Bell peppers work well in this recipe or even green beans.
Do you have questions about Instant Pot Ginger Beef Stir Fry? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Freezing is not recommended as the sauce separates when reheated so it’s best to eat this dish fresh.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of water. Don’t forget to stir as it reheats so that sauce is evenly distributed and does not burn.
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you like Instant Pot recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Instant Pot Asian Meatballs
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large wooden spoon
- 2 lbs beef stir fry meat beef tenderloin strips or bottom round
- 2 heads of broccoli washed and cut into individual pieces
- 1 large zucchini quartered and slice into rounds
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds for topping
- 1 cup water
- Place meat into the instant pot with one cup of water.
- Place lid on instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot comes to pressure and stops counting then beeps, release the press from the valve.
- Drain the juice and then turn off the pot, then press saute button.
- Mix together coconut aminos or soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Pour onto the meat and stir until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in broccoli and zucchini. Place lid on the pot but don’t close. Saute vegetables stirring every two minutes until vegetables are desired tenderness.
- Serve with rice and top with sesame seeds.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!