These Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are made with just a few simple ingredients. They come together quickly and taste absolutely delicious. Your entire family is going to love these!
If you love easy Instant Pot beef recipes, then this recipe is for you. You can have them on the table in no time at all!
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak
Philadelphia’s most iconic dish is the Philly cheesesteak. The exact origins of the sandwich are unknown, but many believe that it was created by Pat Olivieri in 1930.
The sandwich consists of thinly sliced beef steak, onions, and cheese sauce on a hoagie roll. I’ve taken this popular sandwich and made it more family friendly by turning it into sliders.
Why I Love This Recipe
These tasty sliders are made with just a few simple ingredients, and they come together quickly. You’ll love them!
- Ready in under 45 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love burgers, check out this Instant Pot Turkey Burgers recipe.
These Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are made with just a few simple ingredients, and all of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store.
- pepper marinated hanger steak
- bell peppers, any color (I used yellow and red), thinly sliced
- Hawaiian dinner rolls
- provolone cheese, sliced (12 slices)
- cornstarch – optional
- Parsley for garnish
Beef: Flank steak can be used instead of hanger steak.
Slider buns: Instead of Hawaiian rolls you can use slider buns.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this delicious recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
These Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sliders come together in just a few simple steps, and they taste absolutely delicious. Your entire family is going to love them!
Step 1: Place the meat, peppers and water in the Instant Pot.
Place meat, peppers, and water in the instant pot.
Step 2: Pressure cooker the beef
Cover and close the pressure valve. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Release the pressure and shred the beef
When finished, release the pressure valve and open the lid. Remove meat and shred.
Step 4: Return the meat and peppers to the Instant Pot
Add your meat back to your Instant Pot with peppers. For thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of cornstarch.
Step 5: Slice the dinner rolls
Cut the dinner buns in half. Add the bottom portion of the buns to a 8 x 8 baking pan.
Step 6: Fill the buns with meat and peppers
Spoon meat and peppers onto the buns. Evenly distribute.
Step 7: Add cheese to the sliders and broil
Cover meat and peppers with provolone cheese and set under the broiler on high. Should take about 3 minutes for the cheese to melt.
Step 8: Add the top buns
Once cheese is melted remove and place top buns.
Step 9: Butter the buns and top with parsley
Butter buns and garnish with parsley.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Looking for ways to change up this recipe? Here are a few ideas for ways to switch up the flavors of this recipe.
Flavor: Add in steak sauce, worcestershire sauce or even BBQ sauce for additional flavor.
Vegetables: You could also add in some onions or mushrooms if you’re looking for something a little different.
Cheese: If you’re not a fan of provolone cheese, you could use American, Swiss or even pepper jack cheese.
Are you wondering what to serve with these philly cheesesteak sliders? Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to pair with this meal.
Want to make sure that your sliders turn out perfect? Here are a few tips to follow.
- Make sure that you slice your meat the same thickness so that they cook evenly.
- If you’re looking for a way to make these sliders a little bit more filling, try adding in some cooked bacon to them.
- You can also use chicken instead of beef if you want to make these Philly cheesesteaks a little healthier.
- You can also top these with Cheez Wiz for a more traditional flavor.
Do you have questions about this Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sliders recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Once you have made your sliders, you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
Yes, you can freeze these sliders for up to 3 months.
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you like Instant Pot recipes, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- knife and cutting board
- 8×8 baking dish
- Instant Pot
- 2 pounds hanger steak pepper marinated – Flank steak can be substituted, marinated to taste.
- 2 bell peppers any color (I used yellow and red), thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 8 ounces provolone cheese sliced (12 slices)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon corn starch optional – see step 2
- Parsley for garnish
- Place meat, peppers, and water in the instant pot. Cover and close pressure valve. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When finished, release pressure valve and open lid. Remove meat and shred. Add your meat back to your Instant Pot with peppers. For thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of corn starch.
- Cut dinner buns in half. Add the bottom portion of the buns to a 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Spoon meat and peppers onto the buns. Evenly distribute.
- Cover meat and peppers with provolone cheese and set under the broiler on high. Should take about 3 minutes for cheese to melt.
- Once cheese is melted remove and place top buns.
- Butter buns and garnish with parsley.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!