Last Updated on September 17, 2021 by Corinne Schmitt
If you’re looking for a great copycat recipe for the famous Starbucks caramel frappuccino, you’ve come to the right place. This classic drink just hits all the right spots every time I make it. Plus, I love saving money by making it at home!
This caramel frappuccino recipe is really easy to do, even if you’re a beginner. All you need to do is follow all the steps I did, and you’ll be enjoying your perfect glass of frappe in no time! Make certain to check out my Quick and Easy Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino as well.
Easy Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel is one of those ingredients that everyone will love no matter how old they get. I loved caramel when I was a kid, and I still love it even now that I have my own kids. Maybe sweet tooths really are hereditary!
It has been incorporated in many foods for decades, like caramel apples, caramel ice creams, and this caramel frappuccino. Caramel is a classic ingredient widely loved by so many people and for good reason!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Cheap and easy to make
- Perfect for my sweet tooth
- Everyone in the family loves it
- Reminds me of my Copycat Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato Recipe
Here are the very simple ingredients you need to make this recipe. Most of these ingredients can be readily found in your kitchen, so you should try this out now.
- 4 cups ice
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups milk or cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce for garnish
Milk: For lactose-intolerant people, you can substitute regular whole milk with almond milk or soy milk— both healthy and yummy alternatives.
Sugar: You can use honey or simple syrup as a substitute for sugar in this recipe. Using liquid-based sweeteners is easier to incorporate in your drink.
Vanilla bean paste: If you don’t have vanilla bean paste in your kitchen, you can use equal amounts of vanilla extract instead. Or better yet, you can add a bit more if you’re using vanilla extract since it has a milder flavor than the paste.
Equipment Needed/Helpful Tools
How To Make Caramel Frappuccino
Making this recipe only takes 4 easy steps. I did mine in less than 10 minutes which is a lot faster than driving up to the nearest Starbucks!
In a mixing cup, combine milk, sugar, vanilla bean paste, and caramel sauce together. Grab a stirrer and mix everything until well combined.
In a blender, carefully pour in the caramel milk mixture you made and then add the ice. Put the lid of the blender back on. Start from a low speed and then slowly progress to high speed.
Get a tall glass and rim it with caramel sauce. Slowly pour in your blended frappuccino and garnish it with your favorite toppings.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy your perfect Starbucks-style caramel frappuccino! Best served with a reusable straw.
Variation 1: If you’re not satisfied with just caramel, you can also add 3 pumps of dark chocolate sauce/syrup before blending your frappe so you can have a delicious homemade chocolate caramel frappuccino that your kids will love.
Variation 2: Want a bit of that caffeine kick? Upgrade your caramel frappuccino by adding a shot or two of espresso before you blend in your frappe. You now have a cream mocha caramel frappe!
There are many ways to enjoy this caramel frappuccino recipe.
- Whipped cream
- Extra caramel drizzle
- Java chips
- Ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Flaky salt
- Add a bit of xanthan gum before you blend your frappe if you want a thicker and smoother consistency.
- You can also make your consistency thicker by reducing the amount of ice you put in.
- You can purchase Starbucks syrups from their outlet stores if you want a more authentic Starbucks feel in the comfort of your own home.
In storing leftover caramel frappuccino, you simply put it inside your freezer, and you can keep it there frozen for at least three months.
For leftover caramel frappuccino that you left in your freezer, you can throw it back in the blender again to achieve a similar consistency. Don’t just let it melt because it won’t have the same taste and consistency.
If you want to enjoy this caramel frappuccino without feeling too guilty, you can substitute regular milk with nonfat milk. You can also try using calorie-free sweeteners like Stevia to reduce your calorie intake.
More Frappuccino Recipes
- Crazy Good Dragon Frappuccino
- An Instagrammable Mermaid Frappuccino
- Orange Mocha Frappuccino To Kick Off Your Day
- In a mixing cup, combine milk, sugar, vanilla bean paste, and caramel sauce together. Grab a stirrer and mix everything until well combined.
- In a blender, carefully pour in the caramel milk mixture you made and then add the ice. Put the lid of the blender back on. Start from a low speed and then slowly progress to high speed.
- Get a tall glass and rim it with caramel sauce. Slowly pour in your blended frappuccino and garnish it with your favorite toppings.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your perfect Starbucks-style caramel frappuccino! Best served with a reusable straw.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!
Please pin to Pinterest