A Halloween Crossword Puzzle is a great activity for kids to do during a Halloween party, for school or just for fun. This printable Halloween activity page is full of Halloween-themed words and works for boys and girls.
HALLOWEEN FUN FOR KIDS
The month of October is one of my favorites. The weather is cooling off, the leaves are changing and fun is just in the air all month long.
There are so many opportunities during October to do family activities and make Halloween extra enjoyable for the kids.
Here are some ideas on how to make Halloween month special this year:
- Plan ahead on a homemade costume for your kids and work on it together during October.
- Make a new Halloween treat each week during October. You can always take the goodies to neighbors or your local fire and police stations. My kids love making Nutter Butter Ghosts and Spider Donuts!
- We love family movie night during October and this Halloween Movies list will give you more movie ideas then you will have time to watch!
- Try some fun Halloween crafts and DIY projects with the kids. It only takes minutes to make 2-ingredient Halloween slime and kids can play with it all month.
- Decorate the porch for Halloween. There are plenty of non-spooky Halloween front porch ideas that will be fun to create.
- Print off a one month calendar of fall fun and try to do as many things as you can on the calendar.
- Do this printable Halloween crossword puzzle together as a family.
HALLOWEEN READING FOR KIDS
Keeping my kids interested in reading is a big priority for me. I love to read and I want my children to enjoy reading as much as I do.
One easy way to keep kids interested in reading is to do theme reading at different times during the years. Holiday months make it easy to follow a reading theme.
We love to read fun Halloween books during October. Here are some great choices for kids of different ages:
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson is for children pre-k through 2nd grade.
- Ten Timid Ghosts by Jennifer O’Connell is for children 4-8 years old.
- Princess Pumpkin Patch by Andi Cann is for ages 2-8 years old and is beautifully illustrated!
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda D. Williams is a fun book for kids up to 3rd grade.
- Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt by Marjorie Sharmat is a chapter book for kids from 1st to 4th grade.
- The Happy and Heinous Halloween of Classroom 13 is a hilarious chapter book by Honest Lee for kids up to 5th grade.
- Roald Dahl’s Book of Ghost Stories will keep teenagers occupied and entertained.
PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN CROSSWORD PUZZLE
You can download and print off this fun printable Halloween crossword puzzle for your own personal use at home.
Click this link or the image below to download and print: Halloween Crossword Puzzle
This crossword puzzle is just one of the many fun games in the Halloween Activity Kit for Kids. Get the complete kit here:
If you enjoyed this child-friendly printable be sure to check these other great printables out while you are here:
- Birthday Word Search
- Back to School Book Countdown
- Summer Word Search for Kids
- Free Printable Onward Coloring and Activity Pages
- Fall Crossword Puzzle for Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later!