Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding packs a nutritional punch and is delicious too. This easy to make double protein pudding will become a favorite breakfast, snack or dessert.
WHY EAT CHIA SEEDS?
Chia seeds are tiny but powerful. These little bitty seeds have a lot of nutritional value and contain omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium.
Chia seeds are also a good source of protein. They have a delightful mild nutty flavor and are so good you forget about all the health benefits they possess.
The seeds can be eaten in a few different ways. You can sprinkle the raw seeds on yogurt, cereal or smoothies.
Another way to eat chia seeds is to add them to baked goods like muffins or bread. Chia seeds can also be soaked in water to be used in various recipes.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CHIA PUDDING
This easy pudding recipe only has seven ingredients. It comes together fast and is so tasty.
- Ground Chia Seeds
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Low-Carb Chocolate Protein Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CHIA PUDDING
This is a great pudding to make and serve for brunch. I like to make it up in the early morning and it keeps very well in the refrigerator until brunch time.
STEP ONE: HEAT MILK
Place a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Add the unsweetened vanilla almond milk to the pan and heat it.
STEP TWO: ADD ERYTHRITOL
Once the milk is hot, dissolve the erythritol into the milk. Stir to combine.
Once it has dissolved remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool off.
STEP THREE: ADD GROUND CHIA SEEDS
Now that the milk mixture has cooled off, pour it into a mixing bowl. Add the ground chia seeds to the milk. You can buy already ground chia seeds or you can grind them yourself with a food processor. You want the seeds to be ground very finely.
STEP FOUR: ADD COCOA POWDER
It is time to add the unsweetened cocoa powder to the mixing bowl.
STEP FIVE: ADD PROTEIN POWDER
Mix one scoop of low-carb chocolate protein powder. This helps add more protein to the recipe and also a delicious chocolate flavor.
STEP SIX: ADD VANILLA
Add in the teaspoon of vanilla extract.
STEP SEVEN: WHISK
Now that all ingredients are in the mixing bowl go ahead and use a whisk to make sure they are well-combined. The chia seeds will begin to expand and form a pudding-like texture.
STEP EIGHT: REFRIGERATE
This pudding is best served cold. Place the pudding in the refrigerator to cool for several hours before serving. When you are ready to serve add some freshly chopped walnuts as a garnish if you choose.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CHIA PUDDING
I know you are anxious to try this keto-approved chocolate protein chia pudding. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this healthy dessert via the recipe card below.
Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding
- ¾ cup Ground chia seeds
- 2 ¼ cups Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop low-carb chocolate protein powder
- 4 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- Heat the unsweetened vanilla almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once hot, dissolve ¼ cup of erythritol into the milk. Once dissolved, remove the saucepan from the burner and set aside to cool.
- When the milk mixture has cooled slightly, pour it into a mixing bowl.
- Add ¾ cup of ground chia seeds to the mixing bowl. You want the chia seeds to be ground as fine as possible, we used a coffee grinder to get the right consistency.
- Pour in 4 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix in 1 scoop of low carb chocolate protein powder.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until they are combined well, and the chia seeds begin to expand and form a pudding texture.
- Place in the fridge for several hours, and serve cold with freshly chopped walnuts, dark chocolate shavings, or other keto approved toppings.
If you loved this low carb chia seed pudding recipe be sure to check these other great recipes out:
- Instant Pot Queso Chicken
- Keto Lobster Casserole
- Easy Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!