Coffee Mousse is a light and fluffy mousse and makes a quick and delicious coffee-flavored dessert. This mousse is very simple to make and only requires a few ingredients.
If you love coffee recipes, this easy coffee mousse recipe will be a big hit. Gather the entire family around the table then enjoy a delicious coffee dessert that you can share with everyone.
- Coffee Mousse Recipe
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Coffee Mousse
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Toppings Suggestions
- More Coffee Recipes
- Coffee Mousse Recipe
- Coffee Mousse
Coffee Mousse Recipe
Mousse is incredibly light and fluffy because it’s made with lots of egg whites. Egg whites are beaten to the point where they form stiff peaks, which gives the mousse its fluffy texture.
Why I Love This Recipe
I love this recipe because it is light, fluffy, and coffee-flavored and it’s great for making ahead.
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love creamy desserts check out this Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding recipe.
This coffee mousse recipe only requires a few simple ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store. You will be so glad that you made the trip to the store.
- eggs, separated (yolks and whites)
- powdered sugar
- granulated coffee
- whipping cream
- cream of tartar
Swerve: Want to make this diet-friendly? You can use powdered swerve as a great replacement.
Milk: Milk can be used instead of heavy whipping cream, but you will have a softer less fluffy mousse.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this creamy coffee-inspired dessert.
How to Make Coffee Mousse
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. If you’re looking for a delicious and coffee-flavored dessert, this easy coffee mousse recipe is perfect for you.
Step 1: Heat the ingredients
In a saucepan, put the whipping cream, coffee, and powdered sugar. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
Step 2: Add the butter
Add the butter and stir until melted.
Step 3: Mix in the egg yolks
Add the egg yolks and remove them from the fire while stirring fast, letting the yolk cook with the rest of the mixture.
Step 4: Whip the egg whites
In a bowl, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar.
Step 5: Add in the egg whites
Incorporate the mix of the coffee with the egg whites slowly until smooth.
Step 6: Chill
Serve in large cups and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Want to personalize this recipe? Try changing the flavors with one of these suggestions.
Cinnamon: Add one teaspoon of cinnamon to the coffee mixture when heating for more flavor.
Espresso: Use 1/4 cup of espresso and add 1 tbsp of coffee to the mixture while heating for even more flavor.
Nutella: Add 3 tablespoons of Nutella to the mixture when heating for a creamy chocolate texture.
Are you wondering what to add on top of this coffee mousse dish to take it up a notch? Here are some suggestions.
- Whipped cream
- Coconut shavings
- Chocolate chips
- Brown sugar granules
Do you want to make this Coffee Mousse recipe? Here are my best tips to help you make sure this recipe turns out well.
- Make sure that you stir often while the mixture is on the stove to prevent scorching.
- Immediately pour the coffee mousse mixture into the cups after whisking.
- Make sure to whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Don’t let any egg yolk get into your egg whites when separating the eggs since this could cause them not to whip up.
Do you have questions about Coffee Mousse? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Your Coffee Mousse may have sunk because you didn’t whip your egg whites correctly. Make sure you whip until you have stiff peaks.
Yes, coffee mousse can also be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag. It will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Coffee Recipes
If you like coffee, give these recipes a try:
- Instant Pot Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- Copycat Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Mocha Frappuccino
Coffee Mousse Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
- 4 eggs separated (yolks and whites)
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- 3 tbsps granulated coffee
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsps cream of tartar
- In a saucepan, put the whipping cream, the coffee, and powdered sugar. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the egg yolks and remove them from the fire while stirring fast, letting the yolk cook with the rest of the mixture.
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar.
- Incorporate the mix of the coffee with the egg whites slowly until smooth.
- Serve in large cups and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!