Black Bean Hummus is a fast and easy recipe with just 7 easy ingredients. Wait till you taste the flavor!
You’re going to love that this simple appetizer is ready in less than 5 minutes of time, too. Be certain to check out our Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Phyllo Cup Appetizers as well.
Black Bean Hummus
I love the flavor of hummus because it literally goes with anything that you want to dip in it. It makes me feel super healthy while I’m eating it, too!
I don’t feel nearly as bad if I want to dip chips in this because I know that the black beans are loaded with healthy nutrients.
Why We Love This Recipe
- No need to cook anything or turn on the oven
- Similar to Quick And Easy Spicy Crab Dip Appetizer that we love as well
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 1-15oz can of black beans
- 2-3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Substitutions and Additions
Lime Juice: Love the added citrus flavor of lime juice but you can also use lemon juice as well.
Chili Powder: If you like your food spicy, add in a little bit more than the recipe calls for!
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
How to Make Homemade Black Bean Hummus (recipe)
This easy vegan recipe literally takes one simple step to come together and make.
Put all the above ingredients into a food processor and blend. It should be smooth and ready to serve!
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Variation 1: You can always opt to use chickpeas instead of black beans to be more of a traditional hummus recipe. The rest of the ingredients can be kept the same.
- Make certain to save the liquid from the black beans as you might need to add in a little bit as you’re using the food processor.
- I like to chill this dip for a couple of hours before eating it.
All you need to do is store it in the fridge in a container with a lid. Keep it air tight to keep it fresh.
Now that you know how to make hummus, it’s simple to serve. Just add to a fun serving bowl and serve with chips or cut up veggies.
You can but I’ve never actually done it. I tend to prefer it fresh and it never lasts long in my house. If you do freeze it just be certain to use a freezer-safe container.
- Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans
- Black Bean Tostadas are Perfect for Meatless Mondays
- Better Than Restaurant Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans
Black Bean Hummus
- Put all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!