This Nutella Banana Bread recipe is moist, tender, and full of banana and Nutella flavor. It’s an easy quick bread recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or a snack!
If you love soft and flavorful banana bread then this is the recipe for you. The addition of Nutella takes this already delicious quick bread to a whole new level!
Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that’s become popular in recent years. It was invented in the 1940s and has been beloved by chocolate and hazelnut fans ever since.
Why I Love This Recipe
This delicious and tempting Nutella Banana Bread recipe will make your mouth water with each bite. This easy quick bread is perfect for breakfast or as a snack!
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love recipes like this one, next time you may want to try this Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread Muffins recipe.
You only need a few ingredients to help you make this recipe. All of these are simple ingredients that you may already have on hand in your pantry. But, if not you can easily find them at your local grocery store.
- melted butter
- large eggs
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
Sugar: Instead of sugar you can use brown sugar or your favorite low-carb sugar substitute.
Peanut butter: If you don’t have Nutella on hand you can use peanut butter or even almond butter instead.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
Making this banana bread is easy and only requires a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy bread.
How to Make This Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
This Nutella banana bread recipe is easy to make and comes together in just a few simple steps. Follow the instructions below and the end result is a moist, tender, and delicious quick bread that’s perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Step 1: Whisk together the wet ingredients
In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, eggs, and sugar.
Step 2: Fold in the dry ingredients
Fold in the flour and baking soda until the batter is smooth.
Step 3: Stir in the mashed bananas
Fold in the mushy bananas
Step 4: Pour half of the batter into a greased pan
Add 1/2 of the batter to a prepared loaf pan. Shake to settle the batter.
Step 5: Create the Nutella swirl
Add 1/2 cup of Nutella across the batter and swirl it in. Add remaining batter on top.
Step 6: Top with remaining Nutella
Spread the remaining Nutella across the top of the batter.
Step 7: Bake in the oven until a toothpick comes out clean
Bake in the oven at 350° for 70-75 minutes. Using a toothpick, poke the loaf in the center to make sure the loaf is cooked throughout.
Step 8: Cool and serve
Let the bread cool on a wire rack and then serve.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are many ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few ideas:
Chocolate: Add in chocolate chips if you are a chocolate lover.
Nuts: Add chopped nuts to the batter for an added crunch.
Muffins: Make it into muffins or mini loaves for a smaller treat.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect banana bread.
- When measuring the flour, be sure not to scoop it out of the container. This will add too much flour and make your bread dense. Instead, lightly spoon the flour into your measuring cup.
- Be careful to not overmix the batter. Mix until just combined. Overmixing will cause tough bread.
- I recommend using a baking spray or greasing and flouring your loaf pan so that your bread doesn’t stick.
- You can also use parchment paper to line the baking pan for clean and easy removal of your loaf.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
This banana bread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If you’re reheating a slice of bread, place it on a plate and microwave for 20-30 seconds. If you’re reheating the entire loaf, place it on a baking sheet and warm it in a 300° oven for 10-15 minutes.
Yes, this bread can be frozen. Freeze in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, let the loaf thaw overnight on the counter or in the fridge.
More Banana Recipes
If you like bananas, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Banana Chips
- Instant Pot Banana Split Cheesecake
- Banana Pudding Popsicles
- Banana Bread Pudding
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
- measuring cup and spoon
- Large bowl
- medium bowl
- butter knife
- loaf pan
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 over ripened bananas
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, eggs and sugar.
- Fold in the flour and baking soda until batter is smooth.
- Fold in the mushy bananas.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to a greased bread pan. Shake to settle the batter.
- Add 1/2 cup of Nutella across the batter and swirl it in. Add remaining batter on top.
- Spread the remaining Nutella across the top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven on 350° for 70-75 minutes. Using a toothpick, poke the loaf in the center to make sure loaf is cooked throughout.
- Let rest to cool and enjoy.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!