Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are the easiest way to make chocolate chip cookies! You can have delicious, warm chocolate chip cookies in under 20 minutes.
If you love sweet and chocolatey cookies then this recipe is for you. Chocolate Chip cookies always disappear in a blink of an eye in my household.
Chocolate Chip Cookies in the air fryer
If you love sweet and chocolatey cookies then you’ll love this recipe because it’s so easy to make and these air fryer chocolate chip cookies will disappear quickly.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love chewy cookies that are easy to make you are going to love this Peppermint Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe.
You only need a handful of ingredients to help you make these delicious cookies. You might not even need to make a trip to the grocery store to make these air fryer cookies.
- baking soda
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Butter: Unsalted butter can be used in place of the salted butter.
Chocolate Chips: Dark, white chocolate, or even milk chocolate chips can be used instead.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this classic cookie recipe in the air fryer.
How to Make Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ready to have some delicious chocolate chip cookies that are made in your air fryer? Follow these seven easy steps and you will be enjoying these chewy cookies in no time at all.
Step 1: Mix the dry ingredients
Add salt and baking soda to the flour and mix in a small mixing bowl.
Step 2: Cream together the butter and sugar
In a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, sugar, and softened butter and mix until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
Step 3: Add in the dry ingredients
Slowly mix in the flour. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 4: Preheat the air fryer
Cover the bottom of the air fryer basket with foil and spray with oil. Preheat air fryer to 300°.
Step 5: Shape the cookies
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough. Roll into an even ball and place in air fryer basket. Leave room around each cookie to expand.
Step 6: Air fry the cookies
Cook at 300° for 8 minutes.
Step 7: Cook the cookies
Once done let cookies rest for 5 minutes and remove to a cookie rack for further cooling. Ramp down cookies with a spoon for thinner results before cooling.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Want to change up your cookies? Here are my tried and true swaps for these cookies.
Nuts: Add chopped nuts to your cookie dough when you add in chocolate chips for a nutty cookie.
Chocolate Chunks: Prefer chocolate chunks instead of chips? Swap the chocolate chips for chocolate chunks.
Candy: Add in 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped candy like Snickers or Reese’s for a different twist on your cookies.
Serve these cookies at your next party or gathering. Or just because you are craving a sweet treat. I have also made these cookies and added them to a Christmas cookie exchange.
Here are my best tips to help you make these easy air fryer cookies.
- Parchment paper is safe to use in your air fryer and makes for easy clean-up when you are done cooking.
- Try to make sure that your cookies are the same size as possible so that they cook evenly.
- If you want a thinner cookie use a spoon to press them down when they come out of the air fryer.
Do you have questions about Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Yes, just use a gluten-free flour that your family enjoys in place of the all-purpose flour.
Yes, you can make the cookies ahead of time. I like to make these cookies up to 24 hours in advance.
More Cookie Recipes
If you like cookie recipes, give these recipes a try:
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add salt and baking soda to flour and mix
- In a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, sugar and softened butter and mix until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly mix in the flour. Add the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bottom of the air fryer basket with foil and spray with oil. Preheat air fryer to 300°.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough. Roll into an even ball and place in air fryer basket. Leave room around each cookie to expand.
- Cook on 300° for 8 minutes.
- Once done let cookies rest for 5 minutes and remove to a cookie rack for further cooling. Tamp down cookies with a spoon for thinner results before cooling.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!