Valentine Rice Krispie Bars are such a fun and easy snack idea. Your little monsters will love sharing these monster themed Valentine’s Day treats with their friends.
MONSTER THEMED VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE BARS
Whenever I pull out a package of candy eyes my kids get excited. There are so many fun ways to use googly candy eyes and these monster themed Valentine Rice Krispie Bars are especially adorable.
The great part of a monster themed snack is that boys and girls alike will line up to get one!
This easy snacks goes hand in hand with the free printable monster themed Valentine Coupons I have available.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE BARS
Did I mention that this easy Valentine’s Day treat is a NO-BAKE treat? I love quick and easy recipes!!
- 8 ct package of individually packaged Rice Krispie Treat Bars
- 10 ounce package of light pink candy melts
- 10 ounce package of bright pink candy melts
- red, white and pink lollipop sticks
- large candy eyes
- small candy eyes
HOW TO MAKE VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE BARS
These Valentine Rice Krispie Bars are very simple to make and perfect for getting kids into the kitchen. It is also a very easy recipe to double or triple!
Be sure to make extra because these are so tasty the kids will line up for a second one.
STEP ONE: PREPARE INGREDIENTS
Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
Open each Rice Krispie Bar package and discard the wrappers.
STEP TWO: INSERT STICKS
Insert a lollipop stick gently into the base of each Rice Krispie Bar and place it on the baking sheet.
Put the baking sheet into the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
STEP THREE: MELT THE CANDY
While the Rice Krispie bars are in the freezer go ahead and start melting the candy melts.
Place about 1/2 of each bag of candy melts into separate microwave safe bowls. Microwave one bowl at a time for 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between each interval until the candy is smooth and melted.
STEP FOUR: DECORATE THE RICE KRISPIE BARS
Remove the Rice Krispie Bars from the freezer and begin dipping them one at a time in the melted chocolate. Dip the bar about halfway and allow any excess chocolate to drip back off into the bowl.
Lay the bar on the baking sheet and add candy eyes in random places.
Repeat until all the bars are completed. This recipe makes 8 bars.
STEP FIVE: PACKAGE INDIVIDUALLY
Allow the Valentine Rice Krispie Bars to cool completely. You can even place them back in the freezer if you want them to set up fast.
These can be bagged individually in cute holiday cellophane bags and make perfect treats for school. They will also stay fresh longer if they are in a sealed bag!
VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE BARS RECIPE
Ready to make a batch of Valentine Rice Krispie Bars? Here is the detailed recipe card for you to print off and keep.
Valentine Rice Krispie Bars
- 1 package Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats 8 count
- 10 oz package of Wilton light pink candy melts
- 10 oz package of Wilton bright pink candy melts
- 8 red, white and pink lollipop sticks
- Large candy eyes
- Small candy eyes
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Open each Rice Krispie Treat and discard the wrappers.
- Gently insert a lollipop stick stick into the base of each Rice Krispie Treat and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour 5 oz of each Wilton candy colors melt into separate microwave safe bowls.
- Place each bowl in the microwave one at a time - heating for 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted. Let cool a few minutes.
- Dip the Rice Krispie Treats into the melted chocolate covering halfway and allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the Treats on the baking sheet and give each a few candy eyes.
- Repeat with all the Rice Krispie Treats.
If you need some more fun Valentine’s Day ideas these may help:
- Valentine Bark
- Valentine Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Hearts
- Farm Animal Valentine Finger Puppets
- Adorable Free Printable Valentines
Be sure to PIN this Valentine Rice Krispie Bars recipe so you can make these again next year!