Valentine Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Hearts really dress up a plain mug of hot chocolate. These pretty Valentine marshmallows are adorable and so easy to make.
VALENTINE HOT COCOA MARSHMALLOW HEARTS ADD LOVE TO THE MUG
Everyone loves a piping hot mug of hot cocoa. On Valentine’s Day you want people to feel extra special. What better way to spread some love around then by adding some Valentine Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Hearts to the cup? You could also serve these pretty Red Rose Cupcakes with the hot cooca.
This is such a simple way to make someone feel loved! The great thing about this Valentine treat is that it takes only minutes to make, but the warm feeling it gives will last a long time.
HOW TO MAKE VALENTINE HOT COCOA MARSHMALLOW HEARTS
There aren’t very many items needed in order to make Valentine Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Hearts. Most people will have three out of the six items on hand in their kitchens already!
These are also a frugal Valentine’s Day treat to make. It will look like you put in a lot of time and effort, but you won’t have to at all!!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 20 Heart Shaped Marshmallows (this will make 10 skewers–if you want more just increase the number of marshmallows you buy)
- 10 ounce package of chocolate candy melts
- Hot Cocoa
- 10 wooden BBQ skewers
- Kitchen scissors
- Small sandwich bag
Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. This step will help keep the process of making Valentine Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Hearts as mess-free as possible!!
Gently push 2 marshmallow hearts onto a wooden skewer. Try to do this gently so that the marshmallow hearts don’t lose their shape.
Push the hearts so they are both almost at the end of the skewer. Place the skewered marshmallows on the baking sheet.
It is time to trim down the skewers so they are not too long for a mug of hot cocoa. Cut about 2-3 inches off the end of the skewer with the kitchen scissors.
Melt about 5 ounces of the chocolate candy melts in the microwave. Typically it works best to microwave in 30 second intervals. Stir the chocolate between each interval and stop when the chocolate is melted and smooth.
When the chocolate is melted allow it to cool for a few moments. Now spoon some into the plastic baggie and snip off one corner.
Drizzle the chocolate across the marshmallow hearts in a zig zag pattern. Allow the marshmallow skewers to sit for a little while so the chocolate can harden.
While the chocolate is setting up it’s a great time to make up a mug of hot cocoa, using these Valentine Cocoa Bombs!!
It is time to enjoy the Valentine Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Hearts. If you would like to gift these delicious marshmallow hearts it is easy to put a skewer into a clear cellophane treat bag and tie it with a pretty ribbon.
I like using the clear bags so that the marshmallows can be seen easily. If you would prefer you can use Valentine’s Day treat bags that will be in most stores around Valentine’s Day.
VALENTINE HOT COCOA MARSHMALLOW HEARTS RECIPE
If you would like to add this recipe to your holiday treats binder feel free to print it off below.
Valentine Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Hearts
- 20 Heart shaped marshmallows
- 10 Wooden BBQ Skewers
- Kitchen scissors
- 10 oz package of Wilton chocolate candy melts
- 1 Small sandwich baggy
- Hot cocoa
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Gently skewer 2 marshmallows on each BBQ skewer.
- Use the kitchen scissors to trim down the BBQ skewer 2-3 inches and place them on the baking sheet.
- Pour 5 oz of the candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Let the melted chocolate cool a few minutes and scoop into the small sandwich baggy. Snip one corner of the sandwich baggy and gently squeeze the melted chocolate over the marshmallows in a zig-zag pattern.
- Repeat with all marshmallow stirrers.
ENJOY FAMILY FUN THIS VALENTINE’S DAY
Many people feel like Valentine’s Day is only for couples, but in our house we make it a family affair. This is a holiday about love and we love each other. It can be really fun to celebrate together as a family.
Here are some of the fun ways we celebrate Valentine’s Day as a family:
- Family Friendly Valentine Ideas
- Printable Valentine Coupon Book for Kids
- Making Valentine Finger Puppets Together
- February Acts of Kindness Calendar
Be sure to PIN this post so you can refer to it every year for Valentine’s Day!