Last Updated on July 14, 2020 by Corinne Schmitt
Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake is a decadent and addicting dessert. This is the perfect dessert to eat after a special dinner with someone you love.
HOT COCOA CHOCOLATE DUMP CAKE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
I like having some recipes on hand that work well for special occasions. This Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake is such an amazing dessert that anyone would love having it for their special event.
It is fun to take this sweet treat to a party and watch as people take their first bite. Usually dump cakes are kind of boring, but not this time. There is absolutely nothing boring about a Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake!
HOW TO MAKE HOT COCOA CHOCOLATE DUMP CAKE
One of the best parts about this dump cake recipe is that it is easy to make. It surprises me that the simple ingredients create such a flavorful cake.
The ingredients you will need for the Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake are:
- Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding Mix
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
STEP ONE: PREPARE PAN
Start off by preheating the oven to 350° F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
STEP TWO: MIX
In a large mixing bowl whisk together the pudding mix, one hot cocoa packet and the milk until well combined.
Stir in the chocolate cake mix. Fold in 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
STEP THREE: BAKE
Transfer the chocolate marshmallow mixture to the baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top of this mixture.
Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
STEP FOUR: GARNISH
Immediately sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows on top of the cake. Allow the cake to cool for one hour.
When you get ready to serve the cake go ahead and sprinkle the remaining envelope of hot cocoa on top of the cake. If you use a sifter to sprinkle the hot cocoa it will give you a nice even layer.
You can also garnish the cake with some whipped topping, chocolate syrup and a few extra chocolate chips right before serving.
HOT COCOA CHOCOLATE DUMP CAKE RECIPE
This hot cocoa chocolate dump cake recipe is a must-have in any recipe binder.
The printable recipe card is below for your convenience.
Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake
- 3.4 ounce box chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 2 envelopes hot cocoa mix divided
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix I used Duncan Hines
- 4 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 11 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with a cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pudding mix, one envelope of hot cocoa mix and the milk. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the dry cake mix until moistened. Fold in half of the marshmallows (2 cups).
- Transfer to the greased pan and spread out evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and place pan on wire rack.
- Immediately sprinkle the remaining marshmallows on top of the cake. Allow the cake to cool on the wire rack for one hour.
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining envelope of hot cocoa mix on top of the cake (I used a sifter for even coverage).
- Garnish with whipped cream and/or a drizzle of chocolate sauce or chocolate chips. ENJOY!!
MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES
If you are craving chocolate I have even more recipes to share! Check out these delicious, family-friendly recipes:
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
Be sure to PIN this Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe so you can make it again and again!
8 thoughts on “Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake”
I would like to make this with a gf chocolate cake mix. Do you think it would work?
I haven’t tried it, but I would think it should work, since it’s still boxed cake mix. If you try it, you’ll have to come back and leave a comment letting me know how it turned out.
Saving this for next ocassion!
Thanks for commenting and letting me know you’re going to try this dump cake recipe. I hope you like it!
This looks like an incredibly dessert. Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party – enjoy the rest of your week!
My daughter will love this! We are definitely going to make this. Pinning and thanks for sharing.
I have never made a dump cake but am always intrigued by the idea. This looks delicious! Pinned.
Oh my goodness! I will be making this for sure! Found you at the Busy Monday 355 Link Party!