Unicorns are all the rage these days and these easy Unicorn Dessert Cups are a great dessert for little girls. This simple dessert can be made in minutes and kids will love it.
WHY ARE UNICORNS SO POPULAR?
Unicorns have always been a popular mythical creature, but the past couple of years has seen an all-time high for unicorn popularity.
I think the reason kids love unicorns so much is the mystery surrounding unicorns. Unicorns are legendary creatures and that seems to really appeal to kids, especially little girls.
There are so many tales with unicorns and many involve a prince or princess!
I don’t think the unicorn trend is going away anytime soon! If you do a search for unicorn party ideas you will be blown away by how many ideas are available!
INGREDIENTS FOR UNICORN DESSERT CUPS
These unicorn dessert cups could also be considered unicorn food! I love that there are only 4 ingredients in this easy recipe.
I already had most of these ingredients around the house! We always have sprinkles and almond bark on hand to make sweet treats.
You can change the colors to make them fit a unicorn party if you are throwing one! Party stores typically have single colored M&M’s and Sixlets that you can purchase.
HOW TO MAKE UNICORN DESSERT CUPS
I love easy recipes and this one is definitely easy to make.
STEP ONE: MELT ALMOND BARK
Start off by putting some almond bark (or white chocolate) into a microwave bowl and melt it in the microwave according to package instructions. You can also melt it over a double boiler if you prefer.
STEP TWO: PLACE IN MUFFIN TINS
Put about 1/2 a tablespoon of white chocolate in each cupcake liner.
STEP THREE: ADD TOPPINGS
Now add an assortment of toppings to the unicorn cups.
Sprinkle the M&M’s, Sixlets and sprinkles on top of the almond bark.
STEP FOUR: LET COOL
Once you are done decorating allow the unicorn dessert cups to set up for at least an hour.
Do not put them in the refrigerator to set up because this will cause them to “sweat” when you take them out of the refrigerator later. They will set up at room temperature if you give them time!
Once they are set up you can pop them out of the muffin tin and serve up to your little princesses!
UNICORN DESSERT CUPS RECIPE
I know you are excited to make these adorable little dessert cups. Serving these up with a mug of homemade hot chocolate is the perfect treat for an afternoon tea party!
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Unicorn Dessert Cups
- 1 cup white chocolate or white almond bark melted
- 1/2 cup M&Ms in your favorite color we used teal
- 1/4 cup Sixlets in a complementary color we used pink
- Melt the white chocolate or almond bark in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- For the microwave, heat in 25 second increments, stir well, then reheat as necessary.
- Let the chocolate cool a bit as you place your small cupcake liners in your mini muffin tin.
- Add a half tablespoon of white chocolate to each cupcake liner, then top with an assortment of unicorn toppings – M&Ms, Sixlets, and sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate set for 1 hour before popping out of the tin and serving.
- Avoid the temptation to refrigerate the chocolates to have them set faster as that will cause it to sweat when returned to room temperature.
If you loved this recipe for Unicorn Dessert Cups be sure to check out these other great dessert recipes:
- Chocolate Berry Frozen Yogurt Bark
- 3 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Candied Pecans
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!