These Thanksgiving Gratitude Activities for kids are perfect for all ages to join in on the fun! What better way to be thankful for all the things in your life than by listing and drawing them out?!
Once the kids realize that being grateful can be fun, they’ll be more inclined to do more gratitude activities quickly and easily at home.
Thanksgiving Gratitude Activities for Kids
We’re big on having gratitude journals and a gratitude tree in our house so it just makes sense for the kids to add to the fun gratitude activities! What I love about these thankfulness games is that it lets the kids complete them based on how and what they’re thinking personally.
Teaching kids about gratitude doesn’t have to be boring or hard and this gratitude game printable shows just that!
Benefits of Fun Gratitude Games
If you’re wondering how to teach kids to be grateful, mixing it with family fun activities is the best! Not only will they be excited to join in on the fun but they’ll love having their own printable that they can complete and build confidence while doing so!
Dare I say that they’ll be “grateful” for sitting down and taking the time to write and draw out what they love about their lives?!
Creative Ways to Use These Printables
Make a gratitude scavenger hunt
Once the kids list out everything that they’re thankful for, see if you can turn it into a scavenger hunt around the house. Have the kids run around and find the items that were listed on the free printable.
Create their very own gratitude journal
Once this gets their minds working, they’re going to want to talk about what they’re grateful for daily. A journal can be a positive space that gives them the chance to write out their feelings and thoughts.
Write a gratitude letter to a family member
The easiest way to show gratitude is to spread that knowledge to someone else in the family. A quick hand-written note is a perfect way to share the love!
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- Printer: This one is a great budget printer. If you’re willing to spend just a little more though, this is a better option. And if you’re looking for an all-in-one home office machine, this one does it all, has high reviews and includes 2 years of ink.
- Printer paper or cardstock: If you’re printing for one-time, quick use, print on regular printer paper. If you need the printout to hold up to being handled often or if you plan to laminate it to use it multiple times, choose cardstock.
- Laminator: Laminating your printable is an inexpensive way to use it multiple times. Just use dry erase markers and wipe off when you’re done so you can use it again! Alternately, you can cover the printable with clear contact paper to achieve the same thing.
More Gratitude Fun
Get even more great ideas with these other thankful printables and activities!
How to Get the Printable Gratitude Exercise
The Practicing Gratitude Printable is a PDF file that you can download and print over and over.
Just fill in the form below to access your copy of the Thanksgiving Gratitude Game. Not only will you get access to the printable, but you’ll also get access to the entire library of printables I’ve created.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
Other Printable Thanksgiving Activities
If you enjoyed this gratitude printable, you might like these other free printables for Thanksgiving:
- Fun Thanksgiving Games for the Entire Family
- Printable Thanksgiving Jokes Napkin Rings
- Printable Thanksgiving Riddles For Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!