Last Updated on November 13, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
Make Thanksgiving creative and fun with these printable Thanksgiving Activities Placemats! The kids can create and use their minds while waiting for the Thanksgiving dinner to start!
These free printable Thanksgiving Placemats are the perfect activity to keep kids entertained while waiting for the feast to begin. Why have them sitting at the table doing nothing when you can let them have a blast with these free Thanksgiving paper placemats!
Thanksgiving Printable Placemats
We all know that when it comes to sitting at the Thanksgiving table and waiting patiently for the big meal, younger kids can get a case of the wiggles. To combat this, printable activities are sometimes needed.
These printable Thanksgiving placemats are simple to print and sure to hold their attention long enough for the food to be cooked and served!
The placemats are designed for pre-readers so they’re ideal for your youngest guests – toddlers and preschool or kindergarten age.
Benefits of Printable Games for Thanksgiving
What I love about these Thanksgiving activity placemats is that they’re in sections that gives the kids options on what they want to do. The games are fun, engaging, and certain to hold their attention!
I’ve included four different placemats in this set to provide you with a variety of activities. Here are the games and activities that are included:
- Thanksgiving word search
- Color the squash
- The dot game
- Draw the turkey activity
- Draw the pumpkin activity
- Find the matching pumpkins
- Crossword puzzle
- Fall leaves counting activity
- Color-by-number activity
You can print as many of each placemat as you need, depending on the ages of the children and whether or not you want them to all have the same placemats or if you want to provide variety.
Creative Ways to Use These Printables
Have some sibling competition
Make sure to keep it friendly but see who can complete the Happy Thanksgiving printable in it’s entirety in the cleanest and neatest way possible.
Challenge them to make their own family games
Once this printable placement gives them creative ideas, have them branch out and create their own fun printables and fun games for the family.
Keep using it to keep the table clean throughout the holiday meal
After the kids complete everything, have one last challenge for them to do. Whoever can keep their printable placemat the cleanest can earn a fun holiday surprise!
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- Printer: This one is a great budget printer. If you’re willing to spend just a little more though, this is a better option. And if you’re looking for an all-in-one home office machine, this one does it all, has high reviews and includes 2 years of ink.
- Printer paper or cardstock: If you’re printing for one-time, quick use, print on regular printer paper. If you need the printout to hold up to being handled often or if you plan to laminate it to use it multiple times, choose cardstock.
- Laminator: Laminating your printable is an inexpensive way to use it multiple times. Just use dry erase markers and wipe off when you’re done so you can use it again! Alternately, you can cover the printable with clear contact paper to achieve the same thing.
- Crayons or colored pencils: Crayons are ideal for little hands, You can either place a large bin of crayons in the center of the children’s table or you can provide each child with their own small box of crayons. Older kids may prefer pencils.
More Thanksgiving Entertainment
Keep the Thanksgiving Day fun going by checking out some of these other fun printables and ideas.
- Fun Thanksgiving Games for the Entire Family
- Printable Thanksgiving Jokes Napkin Rings
- Printable Thanksgiving Riddles For Kids
How to Get the Printable Holiday Placemats
These fun printable Thanksgiving placemats come in a PDF file that you can download and print over and over.
Just fill in the form below to access your copy of the Thanksgiving Printable Placemat.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
Other Printable Games
If you enjoyed this Thanskgiving game printable, you might like these other free printables for family fun:
- Printable Summer Crossword Puzzle for Kids
- 10 Fun Brain Games for Kids
- Free Printable Rainbow Worksheets and Coloring Pages
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!
Originally published November 9, 2021