This Gratitude Journal for Kids is perfect for remembering what to be thankful for! This printable journal would be great for the kids to do during the months before and during the holiday season.
We could all use a reminder and refresher about all the blessings in our lives from time to time. This kids’ gratitude journal will help them share all the things that they’re grateful for in a fun and creative way!
Gratitude Journal for Kids
When kids can have their own space where they can create and write out their thoughts and feelings, that creates a place for them to build confidence as well. Journaling for kids can be such a simple process as proven by this gratitude printable.
It’s also a great printable to print out for all the kids, so that they can showcase what they’re thankful for in life.
Benefits of Journaling for Kids
Did you know that journaling is a great way for kids to learn to open up and communicate their thoughts and feelings? Journaling doesn’t have to be just “written words”, either. It can be drawing, coloring, creating, animating, and more!
Journals are an outlet of thoughts and creations that are truly a creative gift.
Creative Ways to Use This Child’s Gratitude Journal
Work together as a family
There is something in our daily lives that we can all be grateful for. Why not sit down and do a gratitude journal together as a family. It’s an easy way to slow down the day and make memories for a lifetime.
Color and Display
Part of this printable journal has pages that are just for coloring. Once the kids color them, display them as a reminder that you’re proud of their work as well as proud of their creative process.
Use this as a way to do something nice for others
Showing gratitude is a great way to be thankful as well. Once the kids complete their journaling for the day, have them then pick one thing that they want to do that is nice for someone else. Spreading kindness and happiness is always a great idea!
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- Printer: This one is a great budget printer. If you’re willing to spend just a little more though, this is a better option. And if you’re looking for an all-in-one home office machine, this one does it all, has high reviews and includes 2 years of ink.
- Printer paper or cardstock: If you’re printing for one-time, quick use, print on regular printer paper. If you need the printout to hold up to being handled often or if you plan to laminate it to use it multiple times, choose cardstock.
- Laminator: Laminating your printable is an inexpensive way to use it multiple times. Just use dry erase markers and wipe off when you’re done so you can use it again! Alternately, you can cover the printable with clear contact paper to achieve the same thing.
More Printable Fun
You can totally have more than one printable handy and ready for the kids! Different printables are great ways to have them be creative and active on different levels!
- Free Printable Bucket List Template – Once they have an activity in their mind, have them add it to the bucket list!
- Printable Reward Chart for Kids – Show them that their hard word does come with great rewards!
- Printable Family Interview Pack – Get to know one another even better with this fun printable pack for the family.
How to Get the Children’s Gratitude Journal
The grateful journal for kids is a PDF file that you can download and print over and over.
Just fill in the form below to access your copy of the Thankful Journal. Not only will you get access to the printable, but you’ll also get access to the entire library of printables I’ve created.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
Other Printables for Kids
If you enjoyed this expressing gratitude printable, you might like these other free printable activities.
- Printable Dinosaur Chore Chart With Reward Coupons – Reward coupons are great for kids of all ages!
- Printable Summer Crossword Puzzle for Kids – They’ll love figuring out the words!
- Free Printable Rainbow Worksheets and Coloring Pages – Great for artistic fun!
- Thanksgiving Gratitude Game – What better way to be thankful?
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!