If you want to make a delicious and beautiful dessert then these Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs are perfect. Simple to make with refrigerated crescent dough and fresh strawberries and so very tasty.
WHAT ARE DESSERT PUFFS?
There are many desserts that contain the word “puffs” in the recipe name.
Many puff dessert recipes use puff pastry as an ingredient.
Cream puffs are another common dessert. These are typically filled with different types of cream, cheesecake filling or even fruit and cream.
I have seen recipes for hand pies that are made with a lighter flakier crust. Instead of fruit filling they fill them with sweet cream and call them hand puffs!
It is also possible to make a puff dessert in a baking dish instead of a hand-held dessert. These are nice if you are feeding a crowd.
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE PUFFS
This recipe is made with refrigerated crescent dough and that is a big time-saver. It is fine if you want to use the reduced-fat crescent dough.
- Refrigerated Crescent Dough
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Vanilla Extract
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE PUFFS
I love that these easy strawberry cheesecake puffs are made in mini muffin pans. They are bite-sized and perfect for a spring platter.
STEP ONE: PREPARE STRAWBERRIES
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Chop the strawberries into small pieces and put into a small bowl.
Add 1 tsp of sugar to the bowl and stir. Set the bowl aside for now.
STEP TWO: MAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING
In a mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese, remaining 1 cup white sugar, vanilla extract and the fresh lemon juice.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix the ingredients on medium for about 1 minute.
Add in the lemon zest and the strawberries and mix until combined.
Now add the cheesecake filling to a piping/pastry bag or a zippered baggie and set aside.
STEP THREE: PREPARE DOUGH
Open the crescent dough and unroll it on the counter.
Cut each triangle in half so that you have 16 smaller triangles.
Spray the mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Add one piece of dough to each muffin cup. Allow the edges to hang over. You may need to stretch the dough a little bit to make it fit just right.
STEP FOUR: ADD FILLING
Grab the piping bag or baggie full of the cream cheese mixture. If using a baggie, cut the corner tip off.
Fill each muffin cup with the cheesecake cream filling mixture.
Bring the edges of the crescent dough together and pinch them so they are secure.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 8 minutes or until the dough starts to turn golden brown.
Remove from oven and allow the puffs to cool completely so the mixture inside can set up.
You will probably have some filling left over. This can be used to decorate the platter or you can add some dollops to the top of each puff. This recipe makes 16 puffs!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE PUFFS RECIPE
I know you are anxious to make this pretty spring dessert. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs
- Piping Bag
- Mini Muffin Pans
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough
- 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 4-5 large strawberries
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- ¼ cup white sugar plus 1 tsp
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces and add to a small bowl.
- Add 1 tsp sugar and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Mix on medium for 1 minute.
- Add lemon zest and strawberries and mix until combined.
- Add mixture to piping bag and set aside.
- Unroll croissant dough. Cut each triangle in half, making 16 smaller triangles.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Add a piece of dough into each muffin slot, allowing edges to hang over (you may have to stretch some out a bit to make it fit).
- Cut the tip of the piping bag (make sure you cut enough to allow the pieces of strawberries to easily come out) and add mixture.
- Fill each slot with mixture.
- Bring the edges of dough together and pinch to secure.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool so mixture inside will set.
If you loved this easy dessert be sure to check these other great recipes out:
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!