Last Updated on August 11, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This raspberry blondies recipe is the perfect sweet and tart treat for summer. The chewy blondies will be a hit with friends and family. Be sure to bring some to your next picnic!
If you love baked raspberry desserts then this is the recipe for you. The blondies are packed with delicious raspberry flavor, and they’re so easy to make. You won’t be able to resist snacking on these sweet and tart treats!
- Raspberry Blondie Recipe
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make This Raspberry Blondie Recipe
- Step 1: Preheat the oven
- Step 2: Prepare a baking dish
- Step 3: Mix together the cake mix and wet ingredients
- Step 4: Add the batter to the baking pan
- Step 5: Add the raspberries to the blondie batter
- Step 6: Bake the blondies
- Step 7: Cool the bars
- Step 8: Stir together the glaze
- Step 9: Drizzle the glaze on the blondies
- Step 10: Serve and enjoy
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- More Raspberry Recipes
- Raspberry Blondie Recipe
- Raspberry Blondies
Raspberry Blondie Recipe
Raspberries are in season and these raspberry blondies are the perfect way to enjoy them. My favorite thing about raspberries is that they are packed with flavor, but they’re also low in sugar. So, you can feel good about indulging in these blondies.
Why I Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a sweet and tart snack to enjoy during the summer, look no further than these raspberry blondies. With just a few ingredients they are sure to be everyone’s favorite!
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love raspberry dessert recipes, you may also enjoy this Raspberry Cream Cheese Galette recipe.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these delicious bars. All of these ingredients can be found easily at your local grocery store, or you may already have them on hand in your pantry.
- Lemon Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract, optional
- Raspberries, as needed
- Powdered Icing Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Milk, as needed
Cake mix: I used a lemon cake mix for this recipe, but you could also use a white or yellow cake mix.
Extract: Instead of vanilla extract, you can also use lemon extract or almond extract.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this sweet and tart raspberry recipe.
How to Make This Raspberry Blondie Recipe
Making this simple dessert recipe is easy. Follow the instructions below and you will have delicious bars in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Step 2: Prepare a baking dish
Grease an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish and set it aside.
Step 3: Mix together the cake mix and wet ingredients
In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract for 2 minutes until well combined and fluffy.
Step 4: Add the batter to the baking pan
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
Step 5: Add the raspberries to the blondie batter
Press the raspberries into the batter, then use a spatula to even out the top of the batter and slightly cover the majority of the raspberries.
Step 6: Bake the blondies
Bake for 20-24 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Step 7: Cool the bars
Allow the blondies to cool completely before preparing the glaze.
Step 8: Stir together the glaze
In a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients.
Step 9: Drizzle the glaze on the blondies
Pour the glaze all over the blondies and smooth over with an offset spatula until the blondies are completely covered.
Step 10: Serve and enjoy
Allow the glaze to set for at least 1 hour before cutting the blondies to store or serve.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
If you want to mix things up, here are a few variations on this recipe:
Chocolate: Add 1 cup of dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
Berries: Replace the raspberries with blueberries or blackberries.
Cake Mix: Use a different cake mix flavor such as strawberry or funfetti.
Be sure to follow these tips for the best results:
- Do not overmix the batter: Overmixing will result in tough blondies. Mix just until combined.
- Raspberries are delicate, so handle them with care: Gently press the raspberries into the batter so they don’t get squished.
- Use fresh raspberries for the best flavor: If you can’t find fresh raspberries, you could use frozen raspberries that have been thawed.
- Do not overbake: Blondies are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- If you want to cut perfectly even-sized bars, then line your square baking pan with parchment paper so that you remove the bars, and cut evenly.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Yes, blondies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before freezing.
If you don’t have raspberries on hand, you could use blueberries or blackberries.
More Raspberry Recipes
If you like raspberries, give these recipes a try:
Raspberry Blondie Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
- Large mixing bowl
- electric mixer – or whisk
- 8-inch baking dish
- wire rack
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract optional
- 1/2 cup Raspberries as needed
- 1/2 cup Powdered Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Milk as needed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 8″ x 8″ casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract for 2 minutes until well combined and fluffy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Press the raspberries into the batter, then use a spatula to even out the top of the batter and slightly cover the majority of the raspberries.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before preparing the glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients.
- Pour the glaze all over the blondies and smooth over with an offset spatula until blondies are completely covered.
- Allow the glaze to set for at least 1 hour before cutting the blondies to store or serve.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!