Lemon Raspberry Loaf is a delicious way to start your day! This quick and easy recipe is perfect for a busy morning.
If you are looking for a delicious but easy breakfast or snack for busy summer days then this is the recipe for you. This fruit-filled loaf cake can be made ahead and is always a hit with the entire family.
- Lemon Raspberry Loaf
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Lemon Raspberry Loaf
- Step 1: Preheat the oven
- Step 2: Prepare the pan
- Step 3: Whisk together the dry ingredients
- Step 4: Make the lemon sugar
- Step 5: Beat together the oil and ricotta cheese
- Step 6: Add the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla
- Step 7: Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Step 8: Toss the raspberries in the flour
- Step 9: Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Step 10: Bake until the loaf is golden brown
- Step 11: Cool the loaf then serve
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- More Lemon Recipes
- Lemon Raspberry Loaf Recipe
- Lemon Raspberry Loaf
Lemon Raspberry Loaf
Raspberries are a favorite summertime fruit in my household, and I don’t mind because they’re filled with antioxidants and vitamins. I typically like to buy them fresh and in bulk when they are in season, and then freeze them so we can enjoy them all year round.
Why I Love This Recipe
What better way to start your day than with this delicious Lemon Raspberry Loaf? It’s quick, easy, and perfect for those busy mornings.
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- It fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love lemon-flavored breakfast foods, then next time you may want to give these Lemon Blueberry Muffins a try.
Lemon Raspberry Loaf is a great recipe for a quick and easy dessert! You only need a handful of simple ingredients to help you make this easy snack or dessert.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- White Sugar
- Lemon Zest
- Olive Oil
- Ricotta Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
Cottage Cheese: If you don’t have ricotta cheese on hand, you can substitute it with cottage cheese. Just be sure to drain it before using it.
Flour: Out of all-purpose flour? You can use self-rising flour and leave out the salt and baking powder for this recipe.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this easy lemon loaf recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy a delicious breakfast or snack in no time at all.
How to Make Lemon Raspberry Loaf
Making this Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake is simple. Follow the instructions below and you will have a tasty loaf cake recipe in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Prepare the pan
Grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
Step 3: Whisk together the dry ingredients
First set aside 2 tbsp of flour in a small bowl, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Step 4: Make the lemon sugar
Place the white sugar in a large bowl and zest the lemon directly over top. Rub the lemon zest into the sugar to impart the flavor.
Step 5: Beat together the oil and ricotta cheese
Add the oil and ricotta cheese and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Step 6: Add the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla
Add the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
Step 7: Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
Stir in the flour mixture until combined and no dry streaks remain, then stir in the milk until completely incorporated.
Step 8: Toss the raspberries in the flour
Toss the raspberries in the 2 Tablespoons reserved flour in a medium bowl to coat completely, then gently fold into the loaf batter.
Step 9: Pour the batter into the loaf pan
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Step 10: Bake until the loaf is golden brown
Bake for 45-50 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the loaf is lightly golden.
Step 11: Cool the loaf then serve
Cool raspberry lemon bread on a wire rack before serving.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
This raspberry lemon loaf cake recipe is versatile and easily adaptable to your liking. Here are some ideas for how you can change up this recipe:
- Fruit: Add in blueberries or blackberries in place of, or in addition to, the raspberries
- Add-ins: Fold in a cup of chocolate chips or your favorite chopped nuts
- Glaze: Drizzle a lemon glaze over the cooled loaf (1 cup powdered sugar + 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice)
Want to make sure your recipe turns out perfectly every time? Use these tips to help you make the best Lemon Raspberry Loaf possible.
- I like to use baking spray instead of cooking spray when I am making a loaf like this. You could also grease and flour the pan instead of using the spray.
- Don’t skip the step of flouring the berries. The flour helps prevent them from sinking into the bottom of your batter.
- Be careful to not overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a tough cake.
- You could use fresh or frozen raspberries for this recipe. If using frozen, there is no need to thaw them first.
Do you have questions about this Lemon Raspberry Bread recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
This loaf cake can be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. You could also store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Yes! This recipe freezes well. Wrap the cooled loaf cake tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Simply divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
More Lemon Recipes
If you like lemon, give these recipes a try:
Lemon Raspberry Loaf Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Lemon Raspberry Loaf
- loaf pan
- Small bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
- electric mixer
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour 2 Tablespoons set aside
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- Lemon Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- First set aside 2 Tablespoons of flour in a small bowl, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place the white sugar in a large bowl and zest the lemon directly over top. Rub the lemon zest into the sugar to impart the flavor.
- Add the oil and ricotta cheese and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture until combined and no dry streaks remain, then stir in the milk until completely incorporated.
- Toss the raspberries in the 2 Tablespoons reserved flour to coat completely, then gently fold into the loaf batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and loaf is lightly golden.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!