A printable hot chocolate bar sign and labels are just what you need to have a fabulous winter party complete with a crowd-pleasing hot cocoa bar! Nothing says winter better than a mug of hot chocolate and when it is dressed up with delicious toppings it is even better. Throwing together a hot chocolate bar is easy with these free printables.
What is a Hot Cocoa Bar
I got the idea to do a hot chocolate bar after visiting a friend’s house when she was serving up a waffle bar. It got me thinking that offering my guests a table of toppings could work for a lot of different things.
A hot chocolate bar is simple. It is a station set up with a crockpot of hot chocolate and a big variety of additions that people can add to their hot chocolate.
It is a fun way to spruce up any party during the holidays or cold winter months.
How to Set up a Hot Cocoa Bar
When you are setting up a hot chocolate bar it helps to have a dedicated table or bar area for all the toppings. Guests want to be able to browse the toppings and decide what they want without having to walk to another area of the party to see all the choices.
In addition to the table, you’ll need some other items. Here’s what I suggest:
- Hot Cocoa: You can provide packets of hot cocoa mix or make your own using cocoa powder and sugar. Or, you can make up a big batch of hot chocolate.
- Hot Milk and/or Hot Water: If you’re letting your guests mix their own cocoa, you’ll need ample amounts of either milk or water (or both!).
- Mugs: You can buy matching mugs with a party theme or just use whatever you have at home.
- Spoons: If you have enough spoons on-hand, no need to buy more. Chocolate stirring spoons are a nice touch if you want to splurge. If you’re hosting a large crowd, disposable wooden spoons are a good choice.
- Toppings: I’ve listed over a dozen in the next section to give you plenty of ideas
- Topping Containers: If you have small bowls or candy dishes on hand, use those. Mason jars also work well. If you don’t have enough, consider these candy bowls. I like that they come with scoops and tongs.
- Trays: These aren’t necessary, but they do make it easier to organize the table and to clean up afterwards. If you have a smaller table, a tiered tray can help you save horizontal space so you can fit more.
- Signs and Labels: You can find a variety of designs on Amazon that are very affordable or scroll down to get a free set you can print right at home.
I always like to have cookies at the bar too! Don’t worry, you don’t have to bake them.
Guests love the Pepperidge Farm cookies. Milano, pirouette, and the Montauk milk chocolate cookies are always a hit.
You can also choose other sweet treats. I recommend keeping them to finger foods though to make them easy to grab and eat without requiring extra utensils.
Hot Chocolate Topping Ideas
If you have never done more than put some marshmallows in your hot cocoa you may be surprised that there are TONS of fun toppings out there that are delicious.
Here are some great ideas for things to put on your hot cocoa bar!
- Chocolate chips in a variety of flavors like milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- Caramel chips
- Cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- Marshmallows and/or mini marshmallows
- Marshmallow creme
- Shredded coconut
- Candy canes in a variety of colors and flavors
- Peppermint sticks or homemade peppermint Spoons are delish
- Flavored syrups in squeeze bottles
- Bailey’s liqueur or irish cream syrup
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Vodka or whiskey
- Chocolate bars
It looks very nice to frame the hot chocolate bar sign and place it at a higher vantage point behind the table so guests see it right away.
These printables include some extra signs you can place around the table to add an even more festive look!
How to Keep Milk Warm in a Hot Chocolate Bar
I like to keep my hot chocolate in a slow cooker on warm so that it stays nice and toasty during the whole party. Just remember to stir it occasionally.
You can also use a large thermal coffee carafe. This one is nice if you want to make it easy to dispense (you just push the lever on the top). This one is more affordable, but guests will have to pour their milk and it holds less milk.
Printable Hot Chocolate Bar Sign and Labels
You can download and print off these free hot cocoa bar printables for your own personal use. This set includes items to create a banner plus other signs and labels for the different toppings.
Just fill in the form below to get the Printable Hot Chocolate Bar Sign and Labels.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
If you loved this post be sure to check these other fun ideas out:
- Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags
- Christmas Date Ideas
- Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!