Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin is a flavorful and delicious main dish protein. This easy dinner is baked in the oven and the leftovers are just as good the next day!
WHAT IS JERK SEASONING?
Jerk is actually a style of cooking meat. There is some controversy about the origins of jerk cooking.
Most people believe that jerk cooking originated in Jamaica.
Jerk seasoning is typically a spicy seasoning mix called Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. The seasoning gives the meat a smokey, spicy flavor and is usually used for chicken and pork. Allspice is a common ingredient in jerk seasoning.
Most people are hooked after they try jerk seasoning just one time.
INGREDIENTS FOR JAMAICAN JERK PORK TENDERLOIN
This recipe makes a complete meal with the protein and the veggies. I love easy dinners! Here are the ingredients you need to make this delicious recipe.
- Pork Tenderloin
- Whole Green Beans
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Cloves
HOW TO MAKE JAMAICAN JERK PORK TENDERLOIN
This is basically made similarly to a sheet pan meal. The meat and vegetables are all cooked on the same pan so it is hassle-free.
STEP ONE: PREPARE VEGGIES
Start off by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
If your veggies aren’t prepared go ahead and get them ready now. Snap the ends off the fresh, whole green beans.
Cut the onions into quarters.
STEP TWO: PREPARE PORK
Take a large rimmed baking sheet and place the pork tenderloin in the center. Salt and pepper the meat to your own personal taste.
In a small mixing bowl combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, thyme and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Stir these ingredients together to combine.
Pour this jerk marinade over the tenderloin and rub it in well.
STEP THREE: SEASON VEGGIES
Place the green beans and onions in a big bowl and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 cloves of minced garlic over the beans. Toss the green beans around to coat.
Put the coated veggies around the pork tenderloin on the baking sheet.
STEP FOUR: BAKE
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees F as read on a meat thermometer.
JAMAICAN JERK PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE
I know you are anxious to get to making this amazing meal. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin
- 2 lbs. Pork tenderloin
- 1 lb. Green beans whole with the ends snapped off
- 2 Onions quartered
- 4 tbsp Olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Cloves garlic minced divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the pork tenderloin/s into the center of a baking sheet, and apply salt and pepper to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 tbsp of the olive oil, the paprika, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, thyme and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Stir to combine.
- Pour the jerk marinade over the pork tenderloin/s and rub it in well.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans and onions. Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil over them along with 2 cloves of minced garlic. Toss to coat.
- Place the seasoned green beans and onions onto the baking sheet around the pork tenderloin/s, and bake for 25-30 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 155.
If you loved this Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin you will definitely want to check out these other pork recipes:
- Instant Pot Pork Recipes
- Grilled Pork Chops with Rhubarb Orange Sauce
- Roasted Garlic and Herb Pork Loin with Vegetables
- Baked Pork Chops and Apples
Be sure to PIN this awesome recipe so you can come back and make it over and over again!