These Giant Instant Pot Pancakes cook up in minutes and are perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. Best of all, you can customize them with your favorite toppings for a fun and delicious breakfast.
If you love delicious and easy brunch recipes, then look no further than this Instant Pot recipe. You can’t beat the convenience of cooking up pancakes in minutes with this recipe.
- Instant Pot Pancakes
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Giant Instant Pot Pancakes
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Toppings Suggestions
- More Breakfast Recipes
- Giant Instant Pot Pancake Recipe
- Instant Pot Pancakes
Instant Pot Pancakes
The Japanese invented a souffle-style pancake that is tall, fluffy, and so much larger than American-style pancakes. This giant-style pancake is mostly found in Singapore.
Why I Love This Recipe
If you love delicious and easy breakfast recipes, then look no further than this Instant Pot recipe. You can’t beat the convenience of cooking up pancakes in minutes with this recipe.
- Ready in under 40 minutes
- Easy to make
- Fun to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love fun pancake recipes, you may also enjoy this Apple Cheesecake Pancakes recipe.
This recipe only uses a couple of simple ingredients, all of which are easy to find at your local grocery store.
- pancake mix
- vanilla extract (optional)
Mix: Instead of using store-bought mix, you can use homemade instead.
Milk: Milk can be used in place of water, but it won’t yield quite the same results.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy brunch recipe.
How to Make Giant Instant Pot Pancakes
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps, and the end result is well worth the effort. If you’re looking for a delicious and fun breakfast recipe to make in your Instant Pot, then this is the perfect recipe for you.
Step 1: Mix together the pancake mix
In a mixing bowl, whisk together water and pancake mix until completely incorporated. Add 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract for added flavor, if you want.
Step 2: Add batter to a springform pan
Grease instant pot springform pan. Pour pancake mixture into pan.
Step 3: Add water to the pressure cooker
Add 1 cup of water to the instant pot and place the trivet inside. Place the springform pan on the trivet and close the lid. Seal the pressure release valve closed.
Step 4: Cook the pancake
Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Step 5: Release the pressure
Manual release the pressure once finished cooking.
Step 6: Allow the pancake to cool
Let pancake sit and cool prior to removing from springform pan.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Want to personalize this fluffy Japanese pancakes recipe? Here are a few of my favorite ways to change up this recipe.
Chocolate Chips: Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips before cooking.
Berries: Stir berries into the batter and then cook as normal.
Glaze: Top cooked pancake with glaze if desired.
This easy pancake recipe lets you choose any toppings for a fun and delicious breakfast.
- Sliced fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
Want to make sure that your instant pot pancakes turn out perfectly? Here are some tips to help you with this recipe.
- Mix your pancake mix, until just combined. Overmixing will cause your pancake to be tough.
- Your pancake will still be “jiggly” when you remove it from the pressure cooker.
- For easy removal of the springform pan, you can use a silicone sling.
- Use a quick release for the pressure after cooking this giant pancake.
Have questions about Instant Pot Pancakes? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
This pancake will last for up to three days in the fridge.
This pancake can be reheated in the microwave for one minute or heated in a pan.
Yes, this recipe can be frozen by placing it in the freezer without the toppings.
More Breakfast Recipes
If you like breakfast, give these recipes a try:
Giant Instant Pot Pancake Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Instant Pot Pancakes
- Measuring cup
- Mixing Bowl
- Instant Pot
- Springform pan
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 2 cups water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together water and pancake mix until completely incorporated.
- Grease instant pot springform pan. Pour pancake mixture into pan.
- Add 1 cup of water to instant pot and place trivet inside. Place the springform pan on the trivet and close the lid. Seal the pressure release valve closed.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Manual release the pressure once finished cooking.
- Let pancake sit and cool prior to removing from springform pan.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!