These Christmas Playdough Mats are so much fun for the kids! They’re a great way to get them away from the screens for creative and imaginative play.
Gearing up for the holidays is always a ton of fun and when you pair the holiday excitement with playdough, great things are sure to follow!
Why Playdough Mats?
All kids love playing with playdough. It just makes sense because playdough can be stretched, molded, rolled, bounced, and made into a ton of different colors to be able to create some of the coolest things, ever.
These playdough mats are great because they give a holiday image and then the kids can decorate that picture with playdough. This allows them to create and have fun doing so, too!
Benefits of Christmas Sensory Play
For younger children, sensory play is great for helping to develop fine motor skills and encouraging them to use their senses to learn.
Since these printable Christmas mats give them the freedom to create and play, their sensory skills will lead the way for fun Christmas play!
Creative Ways to Use These Holiday Printables
Let the kids pick the activity
With multiple printable Christmas play mats to choose from, give them the choice on where to start! This will encourage them to speak up and have fun in their choices – while also giving them the confidence to voice their thoughts.
Make easy playdough shapes
Once they’ve decorated all the holiday mats, have them create some fun playdough shapes as well! Can they roll the playdough into a circle? Or make a square with four equal sides?
Play pictionary with playdough
This is a fun way to get the family involved in creative play. Let the kids make anything that they want out of the playdough but state that it has to be Christmas-themed. No words can be used and have fun watching everyone try and guess what they’re creating.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- Printer: This one is a great budget printer. If you’re willing to spend just a little more though, this is a better option. And if you’re looking for an all-in-one home office machine, this one does it all, has high reviews and includes 2 years of ink.
- Printer paper or cardstock: If you’re printing for one-time, quick use, print on regular printer paper. If you need the printout to hold up to being handled often or if you plan to laminate it to use it multiple times, choose cardstock.
- Laminator: Laminating your printable is an inexpensive way to use it multiple times. Just use dry erase markers and wipe off when you’re done so you can use it again! Alternately, you can cover the printable with clear contact paper to achieve the same thing.
More Playdough & Play Mats Fun
Keep the sensory play fun going with these other activities!
How to Get the Playdough Templates
The Christmas playdough ideas is a PDF file that you can download and print over and over.
Just fill in the form below to access your copy of the Christmas Playdough Mats.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
Other Printable for Christmas
If you enjoyed this free holiday printable, you might like these other free printable Christmas activities:
- Printable Christmas Kindness Cards – These are great for the kids to spread kindness to others!
- Printable Christmas Maze for Kids – See if they can start and finish this fun holiday maze.
- Printable I Spy Games for Winter Holidays – Everyone loves a good game of I Spy!
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!