Santa’s Buttons Treat Bags are adorable and full of red M&M candies. A printable treat bag topper makes these a quick and easy gift idea for kids of all ages.
ALL ABOUT SANTA
Christmas is all about Santa Claus for most kids. They love getting anything that relates to the guy in red.
My kids enjoy learning new things. Here are some tidbits of information about Santa Claus you can share with your kids.
- Other names for Santa Claus are Kris Kringle, Saint Nicholas and Father Christmas
- Western culture believes that Santa brings gifts to well-behaved children on Christmas Eve or in the early morning hours of Christmas morning.
- Santa is said to be over 1,000 years old!
- The legend says that Santa Claus lives at the North Pole with Mrs. Claus and elves.
- Santa’s sleigh is supposed to fly at the speed of light.
- Children like to leave cookies and milk for Santa because they believe he gets hungry while delivering all those presents.
HOW TO MAKE SANTA’S BUTTONS TREAT BAGS
These Santa’s Buttons Treat Bags are so simple to make. It is very easy to make a lot of bags in very little time.
STEP ONE: PRINT OFF TREAT BAG TOPPERS
The first step is to print off the treat bag toppers. Decide how many treat bags you will be making and print off the number of sheets you need to make that many bags.
I prefer to print these off on cardstock so they are sturdy.
Simply fill out the form below to download and print the labels.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
STEP TWO: CUT TREAT BAG TOPPERS
Now it is time to cut the treat bag toppers apart. I like to use a paper trimmer so the cuts are nice and smooth. You can also use scissors if you don’t have a paper trimmer.
Fold each topper in half.
STEP THREE: FILL BAGS
Take some clear or decorated cellophane bags and fill them with red M&M’s or another similar candy.
TIP: You can buy bags of M&M’s in one color at local party stores and also on Amazon. This is much quicker than picking all the red candies out of a bag full of multiple colors.
Fill each treat bag about 1/3 to 1/2 full of candy.
STEP FOUR: ATTACH A TOPPER
Take one topper for each treat bag and attach it to the top using a stapler. I like to do 2 staples so it is secure.
Now they are all done and you can start giving them away and making people smile!
WHO GETS SANTA’S BUTTONS TREAT BAGS?
Santa’s buttons treat bags are great for just about anyone. Since these are easy to make it won’t take you long to make up a bunch of bags.
Here are some ideas of people you can give these sweet treat bags to:
- Children at school holiday parties
- Church children’s classes
- People at local nursing homes
- Local fireman and police officers
- Homeless people you encounter
- Put these in stockings
- Santa could hand these out at a local community event
- These make great gifts for your children’s friends for Christmas
- Give these out as a party favor
MORE CHRISTMAS FUN
If you loved these Santa’s Buttons Treat Bags you will want to check out these other fun Christmas posts!
- Nutter Butter Reindeer
- Letter to Santa
- Jolly Rancher Ornament
- Random Acts of Kindness Christmas Calendar for Kids
Don’t forget to PIN this post so you can come back and make these again next year!