Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This under the sea word search for kids is perfect for those ocean-obsessed children. The beach and ocean fascinate many children and they will enjoy a word search that features ocean-themed words.
UNDER THE SEA EXPERIENCES FOR KIDS
If your child loves the ocean as much as my kids do then you are probably always looking for fun “ocean-type” experiences for the family.
This type of outing is my favorite because I have also been intrigued by the creatures that live under the waves. There are so many unknowns about the deep and it is fun to find out everything I can.
Under the sea experiences can be found in many locations around the country. Here are some that come highly recommended:
- New England Aquarium is located in Boston, Massachusets. They have thousands of aquatic animals and a four-story coral reef that is quite a sight. One fun option is to meet and greet a harbor seal while you’re visiting.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium is located in Monterey, California. The unique oceanfront setting is truly beautiful. They offer over 200 exhibits and their scientists are making a big positive impact on the sea otter population.
- National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland is almost always in the top 3 of US aquariums. One exhibit that sounds especially fun is the Jellies Invasion exhibit. It is all about jellyfish and features nine different species.
- Shedd Aquarium is located in Chicago, Illinois. It proves that you can have an amazing aquarium that isn’t located next to the ocean. This is a huge aquarium and used to be the largest in the world. It also has acres of beautiful gardens to explore that surround the building. Don’t miss the exhibit that focuses on the Great Lakes ecosystem. The Great Lakes region is fascinating.
- Maui Ocean Center is located in Wailuku, Hawaii. If you happen to be in Hawaii this is a must-stop location. This center focuses on what makes the ocean around the Hawaiian islands unique. They have a wonderful exhibit that talks about some important Hawaiian history.
PRINTABLE UNDER THE SEA WORD SEARCH FOR KIDS
If you are driving to the beach or heading out for a fun family outing at a local aquarium, be sure to bring along this printable under the sea word search for kids.
It is a great car activity to keep kids occupied while you drive. So much better than having them on electronics the whole ride. When they finish the word search they could color these free printable ocean coloring pages.
You can download and print this off for your own personal use. Just fill in the form below.
Looking for more under the sea fun? You can get the full activity kit here:
If you love printable activities for kids be sure to check these other fun ideas out:
- Ocean Bingo
- Printable Summer Bucket List
- Summer Word Search for Kids
- Printable Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Birthday Word Search
- Carnival Word Search for Kids
Don’t forget to PIN this for later and share on social media!