A printable carnival word search for kids is the perfect activity for little minds. This works at carnival-themed parties or as a way to keep kids busy on a rainy day.
WHAT IS A CARNIVAL?
Carnivals have changed a lot over the years, but the basic premise of a carnival is a public celebration or event.
These events usually include parades, entertainment, games, food, and most of all fun for a community.
There is the big carnival called Mardi Gras every spring in New Orleans and then there are smaller versions of carnivals happening all over the world different weeks throughout the year.
Carnivals may commemorate a special time in the history of a community or they may just be an annual time of fun and fellowship for a city or town.
One thing we do know is that children LOVE carnivals. The sights, smells, tastes, and experiences are looked forward to and talked about long after the carnival ends.
THROWING A CARNIVAL-THEMED PARTY AT HOME
If you are thinking about a fun way to celebrate a birthday or occasion in your family, consider throwing a carnival celebration.
It may sound complicated, but it can be done very easily and inexpensively.
Here are some simple ideas for a carnival-themed party at home.
- Keep the decorations simple. Red and white stripes are always a good call for a carnival party.
- Use some easy printable activities like this carnival word search for kids or a carnival count and color page.
- Create your own printable invitations using Picmonkey or Canva.
- Have easy carnival food like hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy (make your own during the party with a mini cotton candy machine), and limeades to drink.
- Set up simple games for the kids like balloon darts, a duck pond using a kiddie pool, ping pong ball toss, and cornhole.
- Create a cute photo booth area so people can pose and act silly for pictures.
- If you have the budget it would be super fun to hire a balloon twisting artist or a clown for some entertainment.
HOW TO GET THE PRINTABLE CARNIVAL WORD SEARCH FOR KIDS
You can download and print off this carnival word search for kids for your own personal use at home.
The Printable Carnival Word Search is a PDF file that you can download and print over and over. It’s available for free to my subscribers.
Just fill in the form below to get the free printable carnival word search. Not only will you get access to the printable, you’ll also get access to the entire library of printables I’ve created.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
MORE FAMILY PRINTABLES
If you loved this fun printable be sure to check out these other family-friendly printables:
Be sure to PIN this for later!