A printable birthday word search is the perfect activity for a children’s birthday party. This fun party printable is full of bright primary colors and works for boys or girls.
SIMPLE BIRTHDAY PARTY ACTIVITIES
Birthday parties for children have changed a lot over the years. What used to be small gatherings of friends in a home has turned into elaborate parties in rented spaces.
Personally, I like to keep parties simple. A party at our house with a few of my child’s close friends always ends up being the most memorable.
Simple birthday party activities are easy for moms and cost-effective too.
Here are some ideas for easy, kid-friendly party games and activities the kids can do after they finish the birthday word search:
- Make some origami jumping frogs and have a little competition.
- Have a nerf war with some printable nerf targets.
- Send the kids on an outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Play a game of birthday bingo.
- Easy games like the spoon race or bucket toss are always a hit.
- A game of charades is always sure to bring some laughs to the party.
- You can always bring out board games for the group to play together.
- If the weather is warm outside grab a bunch of squirt guns and send the kids outside to get wet.
- Set up a silly photo booth for the kids and have the kids pose for fun photos. Print the photos off on your photo printer and send the pictures home with the kids as a party gift.
HOW TO DECORATE FOR A SIMPLE BIRTHDAY PARTY
A simple birthday party still needs some decorations to make the birthday boy or girl feel special.
I like to decorate the dining room area for the party and maybe put a few items on the porch, front door, and mantel.
Here are some ideas of easy ways to decorate for a simple birthday party:
- Balloons are one of my favorite party decorations. They are VERY inexpensive and kids love them. I like to do a mix of plain latex balloons with a few nice mylar balloons interspersed.
- A birthday banner can be made or purchased and reused year after year. The banner can hang on the mantel or on a wall.
- Tissue paper pom poms can be hung from the ceiling or out on a deck. You can even have the kids make these themselves if you don’t want to purchase them.
- I love to get cute matching plates, cups, and napkins for the party and it really dresses up the table.
- If you have a large table you might want to get a centerpiece for the table to finish out the decorations.
PRINTABLE BIRTHDAY WORD SEARCH
You can download and print off this birthday word search for your own personal use.
Fill in the form below to download the Birthday Word Search.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
Here are some more great birthday posts to check out:
- How and Why to Throw a Half Birthday Party
- Birthday Gifts Kids Love and Parents Approve
- Free Printable Birthday Party Checklist
- Birthday Gift Ideas for Kids You Don’t Know
Be sure to PIN this for later!