If you have space-loving children you will want to grab this printable outer space word search for kids. A fun and educational word search full of words about our galaxy.
WHY DO KIDS LOVE OUTER SPACE?
Children seem to be born with a natural curiosity and love for outer space. Twinkling stars in the sky and the unknown make space very appealing to kids of all ages.
I think that the idea of becoming an astronaut is something many kids entertain in their younger years. Floating around weightless does sound like fun.
There are a lot of movies and cartoons that make outer space an interesting topic.
HOW TO GET KIDS EXCITED ABOUT SPACE
If your children aren’t excited about space that is okay. Sometimes with more information children will develop more curiosity about the subject.
The great thing about kids having an interest in space is that it inspires more interest in science and STEM subjects!
If you are trying to get your kids excited about outer space it can be as easy as talking to them about space while they are working on this outer space word search for kids.
Here are some more ways to inspire kids to explore the subject of space:
- Visit museums that have space exhibits.
- Read books about space and NASA.
- Get a telescope and look at the stars and planets together.
- Do simple space-themed science experiments at home as a family.
- Watch movies about real-life astronauts and scientists.
- Talk to your kids about the history of the space program here in the US and the other programs around the world.
FUN BOOKS ABOUT SPACE FOR KIDS
If you are looking for inspirational, educational, and even just plain fun books about outer space here are some great options.
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space is a nice hard-cover book that is full of great information and amazing pictures. This is a high-quality book that can be used for years to come.
- Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System is a fun book that is also educational. This book is geared for 4-8-year-olds.
- Space: The Universe as You’ve Never Seen It Before is a DK book with the Smithsonian Institute. It is full of wonderful information and is geared for older kids and teens. Children of any age will enjoy the pictures though.
- Astronomy for Kids: How to Explore Outer Space With Binoculars, a Telescope or Just Your Eyes is a book that gives kids practical ways to learn about astronomy with what they have at home.
OUTER SPACE WORD SEARCH FOR KIDS
I like having printable activities for my kids to do at home or on road trips.
More Outer Space Fun for Kids
This crossword puzzle is just one of the many fun games in the outer space activity kit for kids. Get the complete kit here:
Free Printable Activities for Kids
If you loved this kid printable be sure to check these other great printables out:
- Birthday Word Search
- Back to School Book Countdown
- Free Printable Year in Review for Kids
- Printable Screen Time Tickets
- Dr. Seuss Word Search for Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later!