These Snickers Surprise Cookies look like regular chocolate chip cookies but they’re so much better! Hidden inside is a delicious mini Snickers bar!
Last week, I shared a recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies that was inspired by the Oreo Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies that Susan at Organized 31 created. Apparently, we’ve engaged in a game of cookie tag now because she came back with Girl Scout Thin Mint Surprise Cookies.
Since she’s sticking with surprise cookies, I’m going to keep going with surprise candy. This week’s creation has bite-sized Snickers hidden in the middle of the cookie.
How to Make Snickers Surprise Cookies
The dough for these Snickers Surprise Cookies turns out with just the right texture, instead of being doughy or crisp (which is how my cookies used to turn out). The secret ingredient is pudding mix!
Aside from a small adjustment to the chocolate chips, all I’ve done is to stick a Snickers bar in the middle. Actually, I experimented with a variety of candy bars (Milky Way, Three Musketeers, and Snickers) but the Snickers won hands-down with all of my taste testers.
First, sift together flour and baking soda.
Next, place the butter and sugars together in a large bowl.
Beat them together until the mixture is creamy.
Then add the pudding mix.
Mix until the pudding mix is fully incorporated, then add the eggs and vanilla.
Mix well, then add the flour.
Mix well until the flour is worked completely into the dough. Add a cup of chocolate chips.
Gently stir the chocolate chips into the dough. Then, use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls of dough.
Carefully press a mini Snickers bar into the center of each dough ball.
Squeeze the dough around the Snickers bar so that it is completely covered by cookie dough.
Place the dough balls on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with milk.
Snickers Surprise Cookies Recipe
Here’s the recipe card with exact measurements and full instructions for these Snickers Surprise Cookies.
Snickers Surprise Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag Snickers Minis unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In medium bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the pudding mix until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (approx. 2 tbsp), scoop dough and insert one Snickers Mini into center of the dough.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
More Cookie Recipes
Ready to fill up your cookie jar? If you liked this recipe for Snickers Surprise Cookies, you might enjoy some of these other cookie recipes.