During my ongoing cookie surprise battle with Susan at Organized 31, I experimented with a lot of different cookie doughs. The one that I had the most fun with the pudding mix dough. During my last trip, I picked up every variety of pudding mix I could get my hands on, which is how I came up with the Almond Joy Cookies that used coconut creme pudding.
Pistachio Cookies For St. Patrick’s Day
This week’s creation is inspired by pistachio pudding, whose green color makes for a great St. Patrick’s Day cookie. The pistachio cookies are also a great treat for your favorite pistachio lover.
My Pistachio Cookie Experiment
On my first experiment with these pistachio cookies, I only used one box of pistachio pudding mix and the result was a cookie that tasted like a regular chocolate chip cookie and it had just a slight green tinge. I decided to modify the recipe to increase the pistachio flavor and the green color. All of my testers agreed this final version was better. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family did.
Pistachio White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 3.4 oz packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the pudding mix until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Slowly add the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Creme de Menthe Brownies For St. Patrick’s Day
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day dessert ideas? Check out my family’s favorite March dessert — Creme de Menthe Brownies.