If you want an elegant but easy dessert idea you have to try these Pomegranate Chocolate Candy Cups. This is a 3 ingredient dessert recipe and looks beautiful on a platter for your party!
BENEFITS OF POMEGRANATE SEEDS
I love the deep red color of pomegranate seeds. They are so pretty and are great for holiday dishes.
The good news is that there are some great health benefits from pomegranate seeds besides being pretty!!
The seeds are actually called arils and are totally safe to eat. They are rich in vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Pomegranate seeds also contain antioxidants which are known to help with inflammation.
HOW TO PICK A GOOD POMEGRANATE
If you are going to use fresh pomegranate seeds for this recipe you may not know how to pick a ripe pomegranate.
It is usually pretty easy to pick a ripe pomegranate in the grocery store. They are picked when ripe so most of the ones you see should be ready to go.
You want the pomegranate to be heavy with firm skin. Don’t worry if there are some scratches on the skin. These won’t affect your fruit at all.
If you are short on time you can purchase pomegranate seeds on their own. Buying the seeds ready to go will save you some time on this recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR POMEGRANATE CHOCOLATE CANDY CUPS
I LOVE ingredients with only a few ingredients. Three ingredients is a big win for me and this is very easy to double for a crowd.
- Dark Chocolate or Almond Bark
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Pomegranate Seeds
HOW TO MAKE POMEGRANATE CHOCOLATE CANDY CUPS
I enjoy sweet, crunchy snacks. This recipe definitely falls into the dessert category but who says dessert can’t be eaten as a snack!! Since this makes small individual cups it does make a nice mid-day treat.
STEP ONE: MELT CHOCOLATE
The first step is to melt the chocolate or almond bark in a double boiler. You can also use the microwave if you prefer.
If heating in the microwave heat in 25-second increments and stir in between.
STEP TWO: PREPARE MUFFIN CUPS
STEP THREE: MIX
Mix about half of the chopped nuts and pomegranate seeds into the chocolate.
Spoon about a 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture into each mini muffin cup.
STEP FOUR: TOP IT OFF
Take the remaining nuts and pomegranate seeds and sprinkle some on top of each muffin cup. Press down gently so the toppings set up with the chocolate mixture.
STEP FIVE: SET UP TIME
Allow the chocolate cups to set up for about an hour. Then go ahead and pop the cupcake liners out of the muffin pan.
Serve the candy cups.
Tip: It is okay to put these in the refrigerator to set the chocolate quicker but it does dry out the pomegranate seeds a little bit.
When you are storing these if you cover the container the chocolate probably will sweat.
I know you are getting excited to make this delicious recipe for pomegranate chocolate candy cups. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Pomegranate Chocolate Candy Cups
- 1 cup dark chocolate or almond bark
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Melt the chocolate or almond bark in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- For the microwave, heat in 25 second increments, stir well, then reheat as necessary.
- Let the chocolate cool a bit as you place your small cupcake liners in your mini muffin tin.
- Stir in about half of the nuts and pomegranate seeds into the melted chocolate and then portion about 1/2 Tablespoon into each liner.
- Top each with the remaining mix-ins and then press down gently to set.
- Let the chocolate set for 1 hour before popping out of the tin and serving.
If you love easy dessert ideas be sure to check these out:
- Easy Homemade Nutter Butter Ice Cream
- Chocolate Berry Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Unicorn Dessert Cups
- Pudding Fruit Salad
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!