Giving a One Smart Cookie Teacher Gift is a great way to start off your child’s school year on the right foot. A simple gift idea made easy with a free printable gift tag makes this a no-brainer!
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES WORK WELL?
It is rare to find someone who doesn’t like cookies. I am not that person, LOL.
The average teacher will probably love any homemade cookies you give them. There are an unlimited number of cookie recipes out there to try.
It is always nice to give someone cookies you make from a treasured family recipe. If you don’t have a special family recipe here are some of my favorite cookie recipes:
- Trail Mix Cookies are a little bit different from your basic chocolate chip cookie. They are packed full of yummy ingredients.
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies are addicting if you love peanut butter. Just make sure the teacher doesn’t have a peanut allergy!
- Twix Cookies are full of caramel and are amazing! The teacher will be asking for more of these in the future.
- Soft Orange Slice Cookies are something totally different and will become a new favorite.
- Sea Salt Caramel Nutella Cookies are very easy to make and the flavors are out of this world.
If you are crunched for time you can always package up store-bought cookies. Buy some high-quality cookies from the bakery or order handmade decorated sugar cookies from someone local.
SUPPLIES FOR ONE SMART COOKIE TEACHER GIFT
It doesn’t take much to create a One Smart Cookie Teacher Gift and that is the way I like DIY’s to go. The easier the better for busy moms!
HOW TO MAKE ONE SMART COOKIE TEACHER GIFT
It is very simple to make several of these teacher gifts in no time at all. Kids in elementary will have their primary classroom teacher but will also have teachers for fine arts classes and we don’t want to forget them.
If you are giving these out to teachers for children in middle or high school they will typically have 6-8 teachers per day.
STEP ONE: BAKE COOKIES
If you are making cookies yourself the first step is to get the cookies made.
Allow the cookies to cool completely.
STEP TWO: PRINT GIFT TAGS
The next step is to print the gift tags out. You can work on this step while the cookies are cooling.
I like to print my tags on white card stock.
I’ve created some gift tags that are available for free to my subscribers. If you like the ones pictured in this post, simply fill in the form below to get access to the Wondermom VIP library where you’ll find these, along with over 200 other printables you can download/print for free.
STEP THREE: CUT & HOLE PUNCH
Once you have your gift tags printed off, cut each tag out.
Use a regular-sized hole punch and punch a hole in the upper right side of the tag.
STEP FOUR: PACKAGE GIFT
Place 1, 2 or 3 cookies into a clear cellophane treat bag.
Tie a ribbon around the top of the bag to close it.
Then thread the ribbon through the hole in the teacher gift tag and tie it nicely with a bow.
If you loved this fun DIY gift idea be sure to check these out:
- Hand Sanitizer Teacher Gift
- Back to School Gift Ideas for Teachers
- Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas
- Highlighter Teacher Gift
- Notebook Teacher Gift
Be sure to PIN this for later!