Kiwi fruit salad is the perfect salad for spring and summer parties. A bright, colorful and delicious side dish or dessert that can feed a crowd and is so easy to make.
BENEFITS OF FRUIT SALADS
There are so many amazing salad recipes, but the vast majority involve vegetables. Sometimes it is nice to change things up and have a fruit-based salad instead.
The list of positive things that can come from eating fruit is VERY long! Here are some reasons to incorporate fruit salad into your meal plan each week.
- Fruit is naturally low in calories and fat.
- There are countless essential nutrients in fruit.
- Fruits do not contain any cholesterol.
- Most fruits contain dietary fiber which is an important part of a healthy diet.
- Eating fruit can help reduce the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancers.
BENEFITS OF KIWI FRUIT
This kiwi fruit salad is full of kiwi originally known as the Chinese gooseberry. This small green fruit has its own unique benefits.
Here are some reasons to eat more kiwi:
- Kiwi is high in Vitamin C. One kiwi can have from 70-85% of an adult’s daily Vitamin C requirements.
- There is Vitamin E in the Chinese gooseberry fruit that can assist in skin protection.
- Potassium is another important benefit of eating this small delightful fruit.
- Kiwi contains fiber which can help with intestinal health.
INGREDIENTS FOR KIWI FRUIT SALAD
This beautiful salad only has 5 easy ingredients.
- Mandarin Oranges
- Pomegranate Tendrils
- Orange Juice
HOW TO MAKE KIWI FRUIT SALAD
If you have a few minutes then you have time to make this fresh fruit salad.
STEP ONE: PREPARE FRUIT
Start off by peeling and chopping the kiwi and mandarin oranges.
Deseed the pomegranate.
STEP TWO: COMBINE FRUIT
In a large mixing bowl, combine the kiwi, oranges and pomegranate seeds.
STEP THREE: MAKE DRESSING
In a small bowl, combine the honey and the orange juice and whisk together.
STEP FOUR: COAT FRUIT
Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and stir to coat.
KIWI FRUIT SALAD RECIPE
I know this is going to become one of your favorite fruit salads. You can download and print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Kiwi Fruit Salad
- 9 kiwi peeled and quartered
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup pomegranate tendrils
Optional Citrus Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Peel and chop up kiwi and mandarins. Deseed pomegranate.
- Combine kiwi, oranges and pomegranate seeds in a medium bowl.
- If using the dressing, drizzle the honey and orange juice over the prepared fruit and toss to coat.
If you love fruit recipes be sure to check these out:
Be sure to PIN this for later!