Ever since I got my Instant Pot, I’ve been on the quest to find and create delicious Instant Pot recipes my family will love. This small appliance has completely transformed our weeknight dinner routine for the better!
My Instant Pot Recipes
Depending on my mood, I’ll adapt one of our family’s favorite recipes for the Instant Pot OR I’ll create a new recipe from scratch based on flavors we love. Not all of my attempts have been successful, so a lot of my efforts never make it to the blog.
I only publish recipes that get my family’s seal of approval. And I publish all reader’s comments, positive or negative (unless it’s obvious spam, profane, or lacking value), that way you can see what has worked (or not) for others.
I used my Instant Pot for months without purchasing any accessories, so they definitely aren’t necessities. However, if you’re already in love with your Instant Pot and ready to see what else it can do, check out these essential Instant Pot accessories.
Now, onto the Instant Pot recipes! Whether you want quick and easy meals you can make in 30 minutes or comfort food that will soothe you on the toughest of days, you’re certain to find at least a few recipes you’ll love in the list below.
I’ve organized the Instant Pot recipes by category to make it easier to find what you’re looking for. Farther down, you’ll find lots of additional information about the Instant Pot, along with tips and helpful resources.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Chicken is my favorite protein to cook with since it works well with so many other flavors and all of my kids will eat it without complaining. That’s why you’ll see an abundance of Instant Pot chicken recipes on my site.
You’ll find recipes for whole chicken, chicken breasts, and chicken thighs. No matter what you have in your freezer, you’ll find a pressure cooker chicken recipe here to put it to good use.
Instant Pot Beef Recipes
My husband protests if we go too long without red meat so I also cook with a lot of beef.
You’ll find recipes for beef stew, pot roast, meatballs, and goulash, just to name a few. Like my Instant Pot chicken recipes, I’ve created recipes for several different cuts of beef.
Instant Pot Pork Recipes
For those of you who prefer the “other white meat,” these are the instant pot pork recipes that my family gave a thumbs-up.
In addition to pork recipes like pulled pork, you’ll also find recipes featuring ham and bacon.
More Instant Pot Recipes
My family apparently likes meat, because I rarely venture into other proteins. But here are some of my successful attempts.
Instant Pot Seafood Recipes
Truth being told, I’m not a huge fan of fish. But I sure do love shellfish! And these dishes are ones that truly are almost “instant” since they require just a few minutes of steaming.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
My oldest daughter was a vegetarian for several years. Though I refused to be a short-order cook for her, I did incorporate occasional vegetarian dishes into our menu and now meatless meals are just a part of our regular meal plan.
These are some of our favorites to make in our pressure cooker.
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta
- Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Love all-in-one meals? Check out these Instant Pot Soup Recipes. You’ll find over 25 satisfying bowls of deliciousness!
Instant Pot Recipes by Cuisine
In addition to searching for recipes by main ingredient, I often search by what I have a taste for. If that’s what you’re looking for, you might find the following groups more helpful.
Instant Pot Mexican Recipes
Mexican food is the one thing everyone in my family always agrees on. That’s why, despite the fact we have no Latin roots, I share a lot of Mexican recipes. They’re always a hit at our house.
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa
- Instant Pot Carne Guisada
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans
- Instant Pot Queso Chicken (Keto, Low-Carb)
- Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
- Instant Pot Taco Lasagna
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Because I love Mexican food, I’ve also put together an entire collection of Instant Pot Mexican Recipes that includes my favorites from other sites. If you love Mexican food as much as I do, you’ll definitely want to check out the list!
Instant Pot Italian Recipes
Another easy win in our house is Italian food. The kids are always happy to eat anything that’s loaded with sauce and mozzarella. And we can all use a healthy dose of lycopene in our diets!
- Instant Pot Caprese Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Italian Goulash
- Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Low-Carb Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Instant Pot Pizza Casserole
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Instant Pot Stuffed Shells with Sausage and Cheese
Pasta dishes are some of my kids’ favorites! So, in addition to my Italian recipes above, I’ve put together a collection of over 25 Instant Pot Pasta Recipes from my favorite food bloggers.
Instant Pot Asian Recipes
My kids love when we order in Chinese food, but my wallet doesn’t. Chinese takeout is expensive!
Good thing there are plenty of ways to enjoy Asian-inspired meals at home that taste just as good, often better, than takeout. Plus, they’re MSG free!
- Instant Pot Chinese Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Korean Short Ribs
- Instant Pot Moo Shu Beef
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Rice Bowls
- Instant Pot White Rice
Instant Pot Recipes by Course
Want to branch out beyond main dinner dishes with your Instant Pot? Here are some Instant Pot recipes for other courses.
Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
Everyone has heard of how great Instant Pots are at making hard boiled eggs, but did you know there are lots of other ways to make a delicious breakfast in it? Try one of these breakfast recipes in your electric pressure cooker.
- Instant Pot Bacon and Asparagus Strata
- Instant Pot French Toast Casserole
- Instant Pot Mushroom and Swiss Frittata
- Instant Pot Omelette Casserole
- Instant Pot Tomato Bacon Spinach Frittata
Instant Pot Side Dish Recipes
I started with a 6-quart Instant Pot which ended up being too small for my family of six (two of whom are teenage boys) so I upgraded to an 8-quart. Armed with TWO Instant Pots, I was able to cook dinner in one and a side dish in the other.
These side dishes are also great for potlucks, or for when you need something to go with that rotisserie chicken you picked up at the grocery store.
- Instant Pot Broccoli Rice and Cheese Casserole
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Fruit and Veggie Recipes
- Instant Pot Herbed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
Instant Pot Desserts
It took me a while to work up the nerve to attempt desserts in the Instant Pot, but when I did, I was thrilled with the results!
- Instant Pot Brownies with Nuts
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Instant Pot Recipes From Other Sites
Lots of other bloggers create amazing Instant Pot recipes. Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot recipes from other websites:
- Creamy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
- Instant Pot Buttery Lemon Chicken
- Instant Pot Candied Nuts
- Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice
- Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowls
- Instant Pot Kettle Corn
- Instant Pot Peach Chicken Bowl
- Instant Pot Samoa Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice with Chicken
- Instant Pot Sweet & Sour Chicken Wings
Instant Pot 30-Day Meal Plans
Once you fall in love with your Instant Pot, you might find that you cook nearly all of your meals in it. If this sounds like you, you might be interested in my Instant Pot 30-Day menus.
Each month, I choose a different theme based on feedback from my readers and Facebook group members. Here are the menus I’ve published so far:
- 30 Days of Instant Pot Dump Recipes — If you’re looking for easy Instant Pot recipes, this one’s for you!
- 30 Day Menu of Gluten-Free Instant Pot Recipes — Avoiding or limiting gluten? No problem!
- 31 Day Menu of Healthy Instant Pot Recipes — Delicious food that’s good for you too, all made in your pressure cooker.
- One Month Menu of 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Recipes — Like to keep it simple? This menu’s for you.
- Over 25 Instant Pot Pasta Recipes — Love pasta? Check out all the great variations you can make in your Instant Pot.
- Over 25 Satisfying Instant Pot Soup Recipes — Faster than a slow cooker, easier than babysitting a stock pot on the stove.
I also put together a collection of Instant Pot Freezer Meals so you can stock your freezer with meals that can go straight from the freezer to your Instant Pot for a simple meal.
I’ve also partnered with Once a Month meals. They’ve recreated many of my recipes into freezer meals. I love their system of doing all of your cooking for the month in one day so that each night you just have to reheat a meal.
Did you snag your cheat sheet yet? Just fill in the form below to get the instant download.
Common Questions About Instant Pot Recipes
Whether it’s in the comments section of my recipes here on the site, on my social media posts, or in my Instant Pot Facebook group, several questions pop up again and again with regard to Instant Pot recipes. Here are some of the most common questions (along with the answers, of course!):
Can Instant Pot Recipes Be Cut in Half?
Yes! Whether you have a 3 quart and want to adapt a 6-quart recipe or simply want to scale down a recipe with too many servings for your needs, you can simply reduce all of the ingredients in equal proportion, while following the same cook time. Just make sure that you don’t go below the recommended liquid required for your specific Instant Pot model.
Can Instant Pot Recipes Be Doubled?
Absolutely! Simply double ALL of the ingredients and keep the same cook time called for in the recipe. Just make sure that you don’t fill the inner liner past the Max Fill line.
Can Instant Pot Recipes Be Used in Other Pressure Cookers?
Yes! Though the buttons may vary, you can make any Instant Pot recipe in any other brand of electric pressure cooker, including the Ninja Foodi.
Can Instant Pot Recipes Be Made in a Slow Cooker?
Usually, yes, but you have to keep some things in mind. First, slow cookers create liquid as they cook whereas pressure cookers require liquid to cook so you’ll need to reduce the liquid if adapting an Instant Pot recipe for your slow cooker. Conversely, you need to add liquid if you’re converting a slow cooker recipe for your Instant Pot.
Second, slow cookers obviously take much longer to cook a meal through. In general, almost all recipes will take 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low in your slow cooker.
You’ll notice in some recipes, I also provide alternative cooking methods (e.g. oven-baked or slow cooker versions). If you ever want to know how to adapt one of my recipes from the Instant Pot to a different cooking style, just let me know in the comments section of the recipe!
I hope you find lots of pressure cooking inspiration in the recipes and posts listed above. Looking for something that you couldn’t find here? Please comment and let me know so I can help you find it or develop it for you.