Last Updated on January 25, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
If you’re looking for an easy dinner that the whole family will enjoy, you’ll love these Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls. They taste so good, you might even want to hula dance while you clean up the table after dinner. With Instant Pot chicken recipes like this one, you’ll never get bored with chicken!
I think it’s time to face the fact that I have a secret love affair with rice. Not only is it an inexpensive way to add volume to a meal (essential when you’re feeding teenage boys!), but it also works well with so many different flavors.
For this recipe though, I decided to pay homage to the flavors that traditionally pair well with rice. If you want to bring a little bit of paradise to your dinner table, these Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls should do the trick.
How to Make Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls
One of the reasons I share so many Instant Pot recipes is because they make getting dinner on the table every night so easy! You only dirty one pot and you don’t have to babysit your food while it cooks.
These Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls are one of my easiest Instant Pot recipes. Aside from browning the chicken, it’s pretty much a dump meal!
Step 1 – Sear the Chicken
First, set your Instant Pot to sauté, add two tablespoons of oil and let it heat up. Once the oil is hot, add the boneless chicken thighs and sear them for 2-3 minutes.
Step 2 – Add Sauce Ingredients
Next, you’ll add pineapple juice, ginger and tomato paste to the chicken and cook until bubbly.
Then, add the chopped pineapple and uncooked long-grain white rice and turn off the Instant Pot. Add the broth.
Step 3 – Pressure Cook
Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, select “Manual” and set the time for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. Your Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls are ready to serve!
Top with some sliced green onions for color and to a small punch of extra flavor.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls Recipe
Ready to make these Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs chopped and deboned
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- Green onions optional garnish
- Select the saute setting on your instant pot and add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice, ginger and tomato paste to the Instant Pot.
- Allow to cook until bubbly, then stir in the pineapple and rice. Turn off the IP.
- Add the broth and secure the lid.
- Select the manual pressure setting and set the timer to 10 minutes. Natural release.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
More Rice Bowl Recipes
Do you love to cook with rice? If you liked these Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Bowls, you might enjoy some of my other rice bowl recipes.