Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Corinne Schmitt
This Cheese Stick Turkey is a fun Thanksgiving snack craft you can whip together in just a couple of minutes to surprise your child. Whether you sneak it into your child’s lunch box or hand it to your child as an after-school snack, it’s sure to bring a smile.
How to Make a Cheese Stick Turkey
For this project, you’ll need a few craft supplies that you probably already have on hand. You’ll need cardstock in fall colors, scissors, a pencil, a glue stick, and markers. And of course, you’ll need a cheese stick to make a cheese stick turkey!
Step 1 – Cut out Feathers
First, you’ll create your feathers by sketching ovals on each piece of cardstock. The ovals should be three different lengths (one length for each color). Then, using your scissors, cut them out.
Step 2 – Glue Feathers to Cheese Stick
Next, you’ll glue each set of feathers in a “V” shape to the back of the cheese stick wrapper.
Step 3 – Draw on the Face
Flip the cheese stick over so the paper feathers are in the back. Then, using a black marker, draw two dots for the eyes. Next, use an orange marker to draw an upside down triangle for the beak and a red marker to draw the wattle.
Cheese Stick Turkey Craft Printable Instructions
Ready to make your own cheese stick turkey? Print off the instructions below.
Cheese Stick Turkey
- Red, orange and yellow cardstock
- Glue stick
- Black, red and orange markers
- Cheese stick
- Begin by cutting out two equal-sized oval shaped feathers with slanted ends from each color of card stock. These should be a matched pair from each color, and should resemble the shape of a pinkie finger. Make them different lengths in each color, with one color being the longest and the other being the shortest. You can see the photo for reference.
- Using a glue stick, glue the feather sets in a “V’ shape to flat side of the cheese stick.
- Flip the cheese stick over, and on the rounded side, use a black marker to make two eyes for your turkey.
- Using the orange marker, make a beak on your turkey below the eyes, then use the red marker to draw a wattle for your turkey by the beak.
More Thanksgiving Fun
If you liked this cheese stick turkey, you might also enjoy making a raisin box turkey.
For dessert, you can make this pudding cup turkey.
And this juice box turkey rounds out your meal as the perfect beverage for a turkey-themed lunch!
And get my tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving so you can spend more time enjoying the holiday and less time working and worrying!
2 thoughts on “Cheese Stick Turkey Craft”
Such a cute and easy craft!
I’m glad you like it. Thanks for commenting.